Ratings for Dr. Michael Sorg

Dr. Sorg was one of the most honest and caring physicians I have ever seen. I have brought my child to many specialists before, with the normal waiting 6 months to get in, an hour in the waiting room once you have an appointment, and then when you finally speak to the doctor they ignore your concerns, go straight to what they believe to be the problem and don't listen to you at all. Not with Dr. Sorg. I no sooner left my family doctors, and got a call from his office to book in with him for an appointment. I was welcomed into his office by friendly staff, and taken right back for my child to be tested. The nurse testing him was very friendly and great with children, and when we were done we were brought right back into the examination room. Dr. Sorg was very thorough in asking all about my child's history, and our family history. He then proceeded to ask me MY THOUGHTS on what was going on with my child, which is almost never taken into consideration anywhere else. He then proceeded to go over all my child's test results with me, and even though they were all negative for food allergies, to ease my mind he gave me a requisition for blood work so we could compare that to the skin test. I was reminded that I can come back anytime for follow up if I had a new concern, or just more explanation as to why my child was experiencing the reaction they were. I HIGHLY recommend Cochrane allergy. I live in Calgary, but it was WELL worth the drive. A great Doctor, great staff, and just an overall great experience.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Just didn't care one bit. My son had his first allergic reaction at 6 years old. His first appointment consisted of the scratch testing, followed by a 2 min meeting with Dr.Sorg where he gave me an epipen and said to keep it until we figure out what the allergen was after a few rounds of oral test. 3 oral test appointments later with the Nurse on staff, never laying eyes on Dr.Sorg, we found out that my son was allergic to Walnuts. Next: 1) I had to BEG for bloodwork from the nurse (I wanted a baseline for allergen), where she took the form to the doctor and only Walnuts was checked (other allergist was shocked and we had to redo the test for all nuts). FYI Dr Sorg Kids do not love needles 2) The Nurse (since the Doctor was not present) did not inform me that Walnuts is linked to Pecans (learnt this from the next allergist) 3) I was asked by the Nurse (again, Doc was not present) if I wanted to do the Oral test after the signs from the scratch test were large. Me make the decision? Isn't that what he's supposed to decide? I decided to call it an allergy and get out of this office and never return. 4) Kids with allergies.... Parents should be given a TEST Epi-Pen (which I was given by the next doctor) This allows the child to practice: Orange to the thigh, blue to the sky. Such a simple thing that could ultimately save his life. 5) Doctor Sorg was moving from Calgary to Cochrane. Did I want to follow him? I'll let you guess what the answer was. This is a serious, life threatening condition and should be treated with care. Parents shouldn't have to google 'what to do' Doctors should provide a service. Find a doctor who cares... this one does not (in my opinion).

Submitted November 25, 2017

He was very solid in his knowledge of how to treat my condition and provided thorough explanation throughout. Bedside manner, however, was not the most professional. I do not believe it is the place to discuss politics and what he thinks the current govt is doing correctly or incorrectly. He is here to address my health concerns, not to discuss politics. I am glad that he is no longer at Peak Medical in Calgary so that I don't have to run into him again. I left the interaction feeling awkward..

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I saw him about 8 months ago but forgot to write about him here. I have never been so impressed with an allergist in my life. I had previously had quite an arrogant one in Calgary and wasn't sure what I'd end up finding but dr. Sorg was so thorough and kind. I have since referred 3 of my family members/friends to him and will continue to recommend him. The experience was so good and his recommendations for my food allergies worked fantastic for me.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

first rate!! Dr. Sorg took the time for what was felt to be an honest and serious interest in my concerns

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Fantastic doctor! Wonderful with children! Entire office was great. Highly recommend Dr.Sorg.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

The doctor was very good with my son, his receptionist however was rude and had a very bad attitude.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

Dr Sorg really takes his time with patients and values your time. He runs his practice on schedule and his staff is fantastic.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

what a wonderful resource! as others have said, wish he was our GP - our daughters have severe life-threatening allergies - he took a lot of the anxiety and worry out of our lives by diagnosing and giving such practical advice...cannot say enough about how lucky we feel to have him as our allergist!!!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Takes his time with his patients and was very patient with my son

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013