You may also like

Rate Dr. Celeste Brabec

Dr. Celeste Brabec's Ratings

We started seeing Dr. Brabec late 2014, we'd previously done a failed cycle of fresh and frozen IVF round with another local RE and we decided to try someone new. We did thought we did our homework this time around. Initially we felt as if she had some innovative procedures (judging based on our previous experience being that our old doc, was old school medicine) so we decided to give her a try. We have both male and female issues. Upon our initial appointment she gave us full confidence that giving IVF a second shot was in our favor. But later through the patient portal she would inform us of life changing results. She tried extremely hard to convince us that donor sperm would be the only way to go. Even after seeing the urologist who said it would very likely we could proceed with TESE. On 3 seperate occiasions I informed her that donor sperm was not the way we wanted to proceed. She even cornered me on my saline ultrasound where I was alone and convince me that we would not be able to conceive without donor sperm. I also experienced the worst pain ever on a saline ultrasound (which I've had before), it was the longest most painful experience I've encountered and had bleeding for 4 days following (not typical). This was the last straw for me, I canceled all services and paid the balance and decided to start a procedure with a STL RE. Her office charge me nearly $100 for medical records. She got tests that were necessary and pushed other expensive procedures on us. We spent roughly $3,500 with her prior to treatment. We are so glad we stopped treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2890602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2015

We started with Dr. Stuart (who sadly passed early in our treatment) and ended with several rounds of Letrozole/IUI cycles under Dr. Brabec's care. We did not have success, which isn't surprising because our protocol was merely the relatively inexpensive, "easy" first step in the world of infertility treatment. We eventually decided to pursue adoption, but we were pleased with Dr. Brabec while we were under her care. She spent a lengthy amount of time in consults with us answering questions. She does have a direct manner but it's honest. She told me flat out that I probably wouldn't conceive without medical intervention which, yes, made me cry, but she was the only person that was real with me. We never stopped trying on our own, and (unfortunately) she's been right so far, but I feel fortunate that I'm not stuck in a world of false hopes. I felt like she allowed me to make a truly informed decision when we stopped treatment, and I was able to begin the process of opening my heart and mind to a non-biological child. Medically speaking, we actually had a pretty good outlook with IVF, but we decided it just wasn't our thing. If you do the statistical research, you'll find that all three major KC practices (RRC, KU, and RMI) are above the national average. I don't think you can go wrong in your choice, but I would say that Dr. Brabec runs a sound, successful practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2751905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Saw this so called Dr. over two years ago, very disrespectful. When introducing herself the first question she asked was, have you ever considered donor sperm?? Seriously.... We are now seeing an amazing doctor in St. Louis where we have 7 frozen embryo's. Thank god this doctor was horrible so we could go find an amazing doctor that costs way less money and has an amazing success rate. AVOID this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2698726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

Dr. Brabec treated me so coldly during my miscarriage that we decided to find another doctor. She talks down to you, and brought up getting pregnant again while I was still having the miscarriage. I felt like she only cared about making more money from us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2694062].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

Waited 1 hour past apt time. Staff not nice. Brabec even less nice. Lack of concern for us. Treated us like a number. Said bad things about doctors we respect. Tried to upsell us procedures we dont need. Out to get their money. All about numbers. Heartless. Said things she couldnt back up and wouldnt take time to explain why she said it. Brash. Short. Made nasty faces. Her nurse seen my typed up questions and said "ow my" eith a nasty tone. It was 1sheet about 10 questions. Really?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2358701].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 29, 2014

I was under the care of Dr. Riggs before transferring to Dr. Brabec. I had great experiences with both of them. I found Dr. Brabec friendly, knowledgeable, methodical, and to-the-point; which are qualities I greatly appreciate from a Dr. especially when trying to solve a fertility problem. With the help of Dr. Brabec and the wonderful staff at RRC, I was able to get pregnant (after 8 years of trying) and we are expecting a boy any day now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][414048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2014

Terrible bedside manner, seemed to be only concerned with money-making not patient care. Had excrutiating pain with saline ultrasound (worse than eight surgeries combined compared to feeling like a pap with another physician), poor post-op care following abdominal laparoscopy, placed on meds I was informed later I did not need (which gave me migraines), and worst of all? After my second cycle, I only had a few embryos and none made it to transfer - to this day, I have NEVER heard from this doctor. The nurse practitioner didn't even call me for a week! Only the embryologist informed me and they never even cared to call, despite the amount of money we had spent. I strongly, strongly encourage all patients to go elsewhere - after two cycles, I commuted to St. Louis instead and now have twins.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][414047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2013

If your not a size 5 this Dr. does not want to help you. I was told I am to overweight to get an appointment. This was after 7 days of waiting for a call back for an appointment. When I asked what took she long, she said, "I don't know about that", but I'm calling about your weight. As if infertility is not bad enough, now I need to feel bad that I'm overweight?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][414046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2013

I have dealt with 11 years of infertility and 3 prior years of treatment under another physician. In less than 6 months, I became pregnant for the first time in my life under the care of Dr. Brabec and her amazing staff. Thanks for everything!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][414045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Wow is all I can say. Fisrt off lets keep in mind my wife has been pregnant twice both failed. When we met the MD it felt like a sales Pitch. She entered the room introducing herself then went right in to with problems like you have, a lot of people think cancer or low test, but most of the time that is not the case, but you should look into urology... OK? I guess my sperm count was low. Then my wife goes on to ask what options we have. The Dr. gave not other options but IVF. My wife is low 20's in mid 20's. Seriously, we've been pregnant before. Then to insult us more, the Dr goes on to tell us that if we do go ahead with IVF we need to consider a plan b when retrieving the eggs. Ok? Well the plan B she offered was having a backup sperm donor. Seriously. Anyways, we went there for other options, like what else can we try like an oral med or something and we get slammed with IVF. This office is set up for IVF only, and I would not trust her w/ this provider w this procedure

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][414044].votes_count ]]