Ratings for Dr. Hasan A. Zia

flag | Submitted February 22, 2014

I had a very bad experience with Dr. Hasan Zia's surgery. It is truly unfortunate that I did not find out until it was too late that Dr. Zia already had 3 Malpractice Law Suits filed against him (Two in the same year). Had I known this fact I would never have seen this doctor and surgery would have been out of the question at his hands. Needless to say, my experience with Dr. Zia resulted in a very bad outcome for me. The damage suffered upon me after surgery is permanent. My advice to anyone seeking a responsible surgeon is to avoid this doctor at all costs.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr. Zia performed an emergency appendectomy on my daughter late at night and did a terrific job. He was also extremely kind, explaining everything clearly and taking the time to answer all our questions. please ignore the racist reviews -- you are lucky if you can have Dr. Zia as your surgeon!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Dr, Zia attended my husband in the emergency room and was very reassuring, polite, responsive, and patient, also knowledgeable, and instilled trust in us due to his experience and his very personable manner. Dr. Zia admitted my husband to the hospital for overnight observation, which I appreciated so that I knew my husband was being watched. Dr, Zia visited him the next morning and was very helpful in his analysis. The day after my husband returned home he called Dr. Zia with a possible complication and Dr. Zia was most responsive and supportive. Two weeks later, my husband chose to have a consultation office visit with Dr. Zia and his staff was very polite, affable, and on time. Dr. Zia appeared within a reasonable time, compared to most doctors. He answered all our questions, most of them before we asked them. We feel very confidant in him. My husband will probably go to Dr. Zia for another issue (elective surgery) soon. His manner is relaxed, reassuring, caring, professional. THX!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

My personal experience with Dr. Zia was an unmitigated disaster. While it is true that I can speak only for myself and not others, I will say that anyone that has a good experience with this physician and comes out physically whole is very lucky indeed. Unfortunately that was not my experience with Dr. Zia, and I am still suffering because of his incompetent treatment of me. I am just lucky to be alive today and able to alert others to this fact. I advise everyone to research your physicians thoroughly before putting your life into their hands.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Dr.Zia is an extremely amazing patient care giver. His unbelievable ability to maintain composure during stressful situations has earned him my family's respect and undoubtable gratitude. He saved my husbands life and I trust him and his medical staff with the medical care of my whole family and myself. Best wishes to him and his lucky family.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

I couldn't agree more with the other negative comments I have read here about Hasan Zia, allegedly a medical doctor, or so he said. In my case he was arrogant beyond description and would not even listen to my complaints or act upon them in an appropriate and timely manner which any competent physician would have done. Because of this I suffered a great deal which is inexcusable. I can believe everything negative said about him that others have written here. I will never return to Sibley Hospital again. The hospital is a disgrace as well for letting such a person work there in the guise of a medical doctor, despite a piece of paper they handed him that may say something to the contrary. Zia is an abomination to Medicine!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

Dr. Hasan Zia of Sibley Memorial Hospital is the worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. This man is totally incompetent as a physician, and people that seek serious medical care need to know that. The list of errors he made is far too long for me to cite in my case. Suffice it to say-Stay away from this physician if you value your health and life!!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

Doctor Hasan A. Zia caused me great damage, pain, and suffering, and in my view is nothing short of a psychopathic physician. These words are not written lightly with whim or caprice, and anyone that is unfortunate enough to be treated by this physician is literally risking their very lives.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Dr. Zia was very arrogant with me in a quiet, smiling, and condescending manner. Initially Dr. Zia gave a good impression, but it was a deceptive one. After several days went by it became apparent to me that Dr. Zia had what is called a “Deity Complex”, and a Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde situation developed which was quite scary. My entire experience with Dr. Zia was very chilling to say the least during hospitalization at Sibley. The very fact that Dr. Zia didn’t seem to care that he was dealing with a live human being and that there was a human life at stake, is the scariest thing a patient can experience with a doctor while hospitalized. I shall never go back to Sibley Hospital again as it is no longer the Sibley Hospital I once knew, and especially when Sibley now hires doctors like Dr. Zia.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

Dr. Hasan A. Zia's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Chevy Chase, MD