Ratings for Dr. W. Shane Williams

If you want to see a video about vegetarians - this doctor with show it to you. If you want a cardiovascular specialist, he will refer you to one.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

My first cardio issue is from 2005. I have been having reoccurring angina. Looking for a new Cardiologist after my 1st Doctor retired in 2006. I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone out there that would actually pay attention to what you had to say about your cardiac issues. I am very impressed with my first appointment of over one hour with Doctor Shane Williams. He was very attentive, down to earth and is genuinely interested in your health. He took the time to look over my reports and asked questions. His willingness to help you find a way to deal with your issues realy impressived me. He seems passionate in teaching you about the plant based diet and getting you to live a health life. He is concerned with the medications you should be taking . His Secretary was very professional and helpfull. All his staff was accommodating. I feel confident that Doctor Williams will be a good fit for us and will help me get my Diabites and Cardiac issues under control. I have been eating a the plant base diet, no processed foods, no oils for 6 months. I have got my insulin down to 5 units from 18 and gone down from 143 to 105 lbs. This 66 year old body of 4 feet 11 inches is feelling great with more energy. Which was good timming as now I need to help my husbands with his gardening and yard work as he has just been released from hospital with a triple bypass. I am looking forward to benefit from Doctor Willams knowledge and take advantage of the Lunch and Learn sessions.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2018

My name is Fred Ainsworth and I want all to know that I truly believe Dr. Shane Williams is a man way ahead of his time. Shane is a healer and a teacher. I cannot believe how lucky I am to have him as my doctor. My first visit with him was 1.5 hours and he examined my whole body. Following his advice and eating a whole plant based diet with no diary, meat or added oils I have lost over 70 pounds in less then one year. I have reduced my blood pressure med from 10 MG to 1.25 MG. I have reduced my Crestor from 20 MG to 10 MG. I have gained so very much knowledge from his Lunch and Learn Seminars. He has given me so very much which has trickled down to my family and my friends. Dr. Shane Williams and his wonderful staff have changed my life for the better. How many doctors offices call you up when they know you have had surgery that they had noting to do with ? The great staff at Williams Cardiology called me to ask how I was feeling and if I was OK ? Even my family Doctor failed to do that. Not even the surgeons office who operated on me called to check but Dr. Shane Williams Office called because they care about their patients and they truly care about me as a patient. That makes me feel good. Thank you to all at Williams Cardiology.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

Dr Williams is knowledgeable and helpful, and exhibits patience and understanding when treating my parent, who is elderly and has dementia. However, the person who "greets" patients at the front desk clearly does not enjoy this aspect of her job, and can be impatient and rude. Some customer service training might be helpful.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

This Dr saved my life. He sent me Newmarket for further test and 4 days later I had a quad by pass. .................that was 5 years ago and he is still looking after me. |Dr Williams is the best !

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

After waiting months for my appt with Dr Williams, I am pleased to report he is kind, knowledgable, friendly, non judgemental and most of all very interested in his patients and their health. However, front desk person very snippy, reprimended me like a child because I had not followed her instructions to a T. For a first appt my impression was definitely not welcoming. Perhaps Dr Williams needs to look at this front line worker and make some tweeks to her approch with the public

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

After my heart attack in 2010 I was referred to Dr. Walter Shane Williams and have been not only a patient of his since then but he is my teacher as well. He runs an amazing plant-based, whole food program that has helped hundreds in our community to get healthy through food we put in our bodies. Everything I have learned from him and the specialists that he encourages us to research is scientifically proven. None of this 'they say' stuff. Its been difficult gaining acceptance from friends and relatives but I have stuck to this delicious and varied way of eating and I have dropped my weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose levels. Read the China study and watch Forks over knives and you too will get it.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr. Williams is an amazing doctor, cardiologist and teacher. It was clear from the first time that I attended his practice that his priority was the wellness of his patients. He takes his time with patients to ensure that they have an understanding about their health, potential strategies to improvement of their health and provides excellent reading materials that further educate patients. His work in educating healthy eating versus prescribing medications was a life changing point for me - his practical & effective approach has improved my over all health dramatically. Dr. Williams is admired by a great number of his patients for his caring style, intelligent approaches and dynamic personality. He is without any doubt the finest medical professional that I have met in my 65 years of being attended to be health professionals.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I & the Town of Bracebridge have been Blessed to be so fortunate to have an extraordinary Cardioligist. Dr. Williams!has the expertise & knowledge to help and motivate oneself on the various lifestyle and medical options that are necessary to a healthy lifestyle. Especially to motivate oneself & to be responsible for the lifestyle choices that will greatly improve one's Health and become a "Superstar!!!"

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

How lucky Bracebridge is to have Dr Shane. He has totally changed my life, after a near death experience and suffering from PTSD from it my new way of living life, through whole foods, plant based eating has worked. Please don't ever leave the community. It's an honour to make your acquaintance Dr Shane. Keep up the "Lunch and Learn" seminars, because we ARE learning. Thank you. Lynda HH

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014