Ratings for Dr. James McDonald

I went to him because my usual Dr. at that clinic wasn't there. Thought he was very rude and snippy, now I know this is not unusual for him at all. I went with a bad throat infection and couldn't sleep more than 45 min. at a time. Some of my friends recently had pneumonia. I told him all this. Two second look in my ear, two second look in my mouth, sent me out with prescription. I asked what it was and he said "a bit more than a cold", as he was out the door. Went back a few days later for a note for time off work (still couldn't breath). He said "you shouldn't be off still!" Realized later the prescription was for pneumonia. What a j*rk, never go to him! (It says I can't use the word 'j*rk' in my rating!)

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

Over all very poor experience everytime. Please retire.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

This doctor brushes off every problem. He’s my family physician. Several times iv gone to him and he tells me I’m fine when I’m in pain. One time i went to him with a sore throat. He told me I’m fine. I went to a different doctor and I ended up having a throat infection. I also had sinus issues for at least 4 months. Every time I go to him with my sinus pain he tells me I’m fine. I knew something is wrong because I wouldn’t have a sinus problem for this long if I was fine. I went to a different doctor and they referred me to an ENT. I ended up getting a sinus surgery because of my ongoing sinus issue. This doctor absolutely does not listen to what you have to say. He’s always in a rush. Probably the WORST doctor iv been to.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

The reception staff were not friendly and the waiting room was cramped. I saw Dr.McDonald for just under a minute for a mastitis infection. I told him that's what I suspected it was, and he proceeded to jab me in the breast a few times before writing a prescription for antibiotics. Then he promptly sent me on my way. He didn't introduce himself or look me in the eye. He was dressed unprofessionally as well, with disheveled hair and a dirty lab coat that was too big for his frame. I don't usually see medical doctors, but under the advice of my Chiropractor, I went only to get antibiotics. The only positive side was that my wait was under an hour, but it is easy to see how he can keep wait times short because he barely sees his patients. This was probably the least pleasant interaction I have had at a medi-centre. I would recommend staying away from the Mill Creek medi-centre.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

always great for me super helpful with never damage

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

He has always done his job. I usually only see him with minor ailments that need a prescription. If I had anything a little more worrisome he has sent me to the experts in the field. Here is an example of his patient care that I personally came across with him. I always had a lower back problem and I was prescribed either Pain Killers or Anti Inflamatory medication. None ever worked and the last time I saw him on this Back issue, I told him nothing ever worked for my Back. He simply told me I should try a Rehabilitation place like a Chiropractor. I took his advice and now see a Chiropractor. I told my Chiropractor about my Medical Doctor recommending me to see someone else who may help, and the Chiropractor was really surprised to hear this. Yes, he can seem stern but not in a malicious way. I don't care how he is as a person, which by the way is very decent, but the direction he takes in helping me out. He has also told me that what works for one might not work for another. Lots of people to see in a day and I don't envy his job. My experience with Dr. McDonald has always been professional and positive but nobody deserves a five star rating!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

I actually think his staff are nice. I just hope people are actually reading the reviews and not just looking at the star rating. It's falsely inflated because his staff are kind. And there is never a wait. But that is probably because he is the rudest, most uncaring, most unhelpful doctor in the city. Possibly the province. Maybe all of North America. Do not see him. Unless you like being treated like dirt. When you are already sick.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I have never had an issue seeing Dr James. I like that he tells you how it is. I have seen him for over 8years now and he has never disappointed me. He is an awesome dr.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Ever watched House MD? Explains it all if ever watched it. For all you guys complaining about him, he is like Dr. House, but very knowledgeable, treated our family over 20 years and diagnose problems which hospital doctors could not diagnose.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr was great. He quickly assessed and treated me and answered the questions I had. He provided great care and information that helped. Staff were friendly. Quick wait time. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016