Ratings for Dr. Laura Bell

First of all, I would like to address the rating previous to mine submitted Jan. 2017. This persons seems to be a very uneducated moron due to the facts: Dr. Bell hates narcotics and as a matter of fact, when She first took me as a patient 3 years ago was over the phone from her talking with my friend who knew I needed a good doctor and asked her, she talked with me and the first question she asked me was "Do you use narcotics" ? And when I told her I did not, she booked me in for a consultation the following Tuesday. Secondly, this last post, the person seems to think that she will be "dealt with permanently" by the "medical board" ? Well sorry buddy but it is the College of Physicians who deals with these issues. ANYWAYS, Yes there is usually a wait to see her but as others have mentioned it is normally due to her actually "caring" about the patient she is with and spends an equal amount of time with me dealing with my issues. Bottom line, Dr. Bell is a GREAT doctor and I count my blessings that she took me on as a patient as I went through two Dr's before her and yes, I have BIG Health issues but she IS dealing with them very well.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Draconic b!tch with a serious superiority complex. Likes to insult people who she sees as her lessers (that would be everyone). Mediocre doctor. Over prescribes narcotics. Does not listen. Fairly sure after a few more complaints about her to the medical board she will be dealt with permanently.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

DR. BEll has been my .doctor for approximately 20 years. YEs you do have to wait to get in to see her but that is not her fault? when patients book they should let the receptionist know if the appt is going to be long or short and they can adjust the rime accordingly. I have many medical issues and am in constant pain from back surgery, nerve damage as well as other serious issues. SHe listens and is more then willing to refer you to a specialist if need be. I am very lucky to have a doctor that believes in pain control as many doctors do not which would be terrible for me since I am allergic to all NSAIDS! She is very concerned about each of her patients and if given NArcotics she lets you know up front that they will not be filled early. Many doctors nowadays do not believe in pain control as I mentioned before so I am fortunate that she addresses the situation with me and tries her best to make sure that I can live a pain free productive lifestyle. I am very fortunate to have her as my doctor, she remembers every detail you discuss with her. so I don't mind waiting the wait to see her as she does not rush you and is very concerned about your health and well being!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

I have been Dr. Bell's patient for about 20 plus years and feel very lucky to have her. She is patient and takes as much time as needed to actually listen and discuss. Yes, there is usually a wait past the appointment time, but I don't mind. I know it is because she does not rush her patients through like most doctors do. She also recently accepted my 92 yr. old aunt as a new patient which I greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

I am very impressed with Dr. Bell. I am a Medical Office Assistant in another city in our beloved province and my parents are patients of Dr. Bell. My dad is a character (high medical needs - complex care) and ex-military which tells you he is a bit high maintenance. Dr. Bell always meets my Dad on his level (Dad is a jokester) and is thorough and I believe cares about my parents' medical conditions. I really appreciate her care of my parents. She even responded to my e-mail with answers to questions I had about my Dad's medical conditions. She is top drawer in my books and I work in the industry so I know a bit about what I am talking about!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I have more than two health problems- and my poor health has ultimately wrecked my life- first, when I lived outside of Courtenay, I had a heck of a time being properly diagnosed- towards the end of my twenties, I WAS finally properly diagnosed- and was exhausted from the whole situation of doing so- after going through all of THAT, I didn't want to EVER see another doctor- though, of course- that's not possible. When I found Dr. Bell, I was at the distinct disadvantage as my doctors from my former city, were/have NOT (been) sending out the proper paperwork with my proper diagnoses- and as I am on pain medication, this makes things SO hard. I am also in a BAD situation home-wise; I'm stuck without a car miles from a bus, etc, and literally go for months at a time without being able to even 'get out'- I know she doesn't see this as possible- I wish, as I've expressed "a cry for help many times", that instead of focusing on meds SOOO much, she'd see I'm for real and need her help!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Laura Bell for at least eighteen years and find her professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I love the fact that she would rather get down to the bottom of the problem with tests prior to ordering up medications. I find Dr. Laura Bell to be very caring and she never makes me feel rushed. She will take the time to bring up and discuss test results and if there is something new she is always open minded enough to do her homework. I believe she is the best doctor I have ever had the privilege to know and will continue to be in her care on an ongoing basis.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

While Dr. Bell may be a decent doctor the waiting time to see her is ridiculous. Everytime I go in to see her it is over a half hour wait. They need to work on their scheduling desperately. I don't have time to be waiting 40 minutes for what is supposed to only be a fifteen minute appointment. It is honestly a reason I have been considering changing doctors. I could get into a walk in clinic faster than my own doctor.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

I saw Dr.Bell for over 10 years. She was fine for routine stuff although a 40 minute wait was the norm.When I became sick with a serious chronic illness she was reluctant to send in the necessary paperwork to my insurance company. I was very sick and the added stress was not helpful to my overall health. When you need her to do ANY paperwork she's useless. To summarize: Its all good while its easy billing. If your care becomes beyond simple, she is a terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

My first visit was information gathering. On the basis of what I told me (and my past file transferred from a retired doctor)she ran some tests and deduced that I was low thyroid. This is still being adjusted but I already feel different - not exhausted by afternoon and cold. She also (after our talk) gave me a flu shot herself as I am asthmatic and had not gotten around to getting it yet. First time a doctor has given me an injection since I was child. I'm impressed.

Submitted January 30, 2011