Ratings for Dr. Charles B. Stillerman

Excellent. Informative. Collegial. Did not feel rushed. Questions answered. No condescension which is particularly important to me. Overall I would’ve preferred not to require the services but Dr. Stillerman has been great from the get go as have members of the staff with whom I have interacted.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2019

Dr. Stillerman is a top surgeon and so down to earth. I'm a 35 yo female in NJ that had ALIF at L5 S1 with Dr. Stillerman one month ago (6/2018). He used a cage with three screws for the fusion and took a conservative approach and did not put any screws in the back of my spine. He did not use donor bone or my hip bone, he used a cage packed with material in it that helps the fusion. He collaborated the surgery with a great vascular surgeon Dr. Amit Patel who did one front incision at the bikini line (3 inches) with dissolvable sutures. Most of the discomfort after the surgery was due to the access incision at my bikini line (not the actual spine surgery). He also visited me at the hospital the day after surgery and I also walked that day. The first week coughing and laughing was uncomfortable due to the belly incision but I have no complaints at all. The surgery went better than I thought. Prior to meeting Dr. S, I met with 2 other out of network neurosurgeons, a spine surgeon (in network) & a orthopedic surgeon (in network) whom all seemed like they just wanted to butcher me. So when I met Dr. S, I was at ease because it was quite apparent he's the right doctor for me. He's knowledgable, skilled, up to date on research, HUMBLE, and takes a conservative approach to surgery. After my back surgery, I even had an anticipating neck surgery approved by my insurance company and was scheduled for surgery with Dr. Stillerman, but he helped me evaluate the Pros and Cons to doing the surgery and we decided it's best to hold off on it for now. I researched alot and asked Dr. S alot of questions and when I called the office, he always called me back himself and answered whatever questions I had. He was never annoyed or bothered by my questions and was very PATIENT and supportive. He collaborates well with his colleagues at ANS and sometimes brings them in to assist on surgical procedures. His treatment plans were individualized to me, he has a wealth of experience and is a seasoned surgeon. So before selecting a surgeon, I recommend you consult with Dr. S prior to going through with a surgery. I know he's out of network but I had the opportunity to see in-network doctors also and it was very clear that I made the right decision with Dr. Stillerman.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Dr. Stillerman is an amazing surgeon. He was the on call surgeon when my boyfriend was brought into the trauma center, after suffering a bad fall. We could not have chosen a better doctor if we had had the time to do so. His bed side manner was incredible. We were in a horrible situation, but he put both myself and boyfriend at ease. He did not force anything and when we asked what he would do if it was one of his children, he answered truthfully. During the post surgery follow up, he made sure to visit and send his staff up to the room numerous times, and was always engaging with me and my boyfriend. Dr. Stillerman was very caring and personable towards us and we could not have anymore positive things to say about him or his staff. We have recommended him to everyone we meet. Thank you is not enough when it comes to thanking him. My boyfriend followed everything Dr. Stillerman said and his recovery has been great.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

I was on my way to work and was in a very serious, life threatening car accident. I was life flighted to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA, December 18, 1990, the morning before my 25th birthday. Dr. Stillerman completed a Lumbar Fusion, which was necessary, that I believe had never been done before. I 24 years later, have done great. I have never had back pain other than during my pregnancy, which was essentially to be expected. I am active and live a full life. Thank you Dr. Stillerman, and I feel blessed that I was taken to the right place at the right time, where there was a doctor who was knowledgeable and able to treat my injury in a successful manner. If you happen to read this, I want you to know that I will never forget your name and thank you for all that you did for me during that critical time in my life.

Submitted December 31, 2014

I absolutely trust Dr. Stillerman with my life. I entrust his expert advice and recommendations. After 15 or 20 years of cervical problems, this is the first Doctor I returned to after suggestion of surgery. He's easy to talk with and down to earth but don't be fooled, he comes highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I was involved in a motorcycle accident in 2006 which left me paralyzed from the neck down. Dr stillerman was honest and upfront with my family. He waited for the spinal swelling to go down and performed surgery to C-3,C-4,and C-5. The surgery was a success and aftercare was very strict at the guidance of Dr. Stillerman. He ensured that I was not remomed from ICU until he was sure that all was OK. After a year of therepy I regained about 75% of my strength and am able to most things I need to do. This man truly saved my life and once you get to know him you understand that he just wants the best for his patients.

Submitted December 5, 2013

Had surgery twice with him, like some other reviewer. Now a life of pain and 3 reparative surgeries afterwards. Glad he moved to the frozen north and I hope god will put him somewhere warmer in the future.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2011

I had surgery with Dr. Stillerman when he was at USC University Hospital. I had two very difficult, life threatnening procedures and he was THE BEST!!! I firmly believe that I am here today because of God and Dr. Charlie Stillerman. If necessary, I would travel to Minot to be treated by him.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

he handled my sister's brain surgery twice he fixed my ruptured disc and spinal fusion i think he is the best you can find he slso did back surgery on my husband we all highly reccoment him

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

I did not meet this Dr directly but my then 18 month old daughter had a CT and MRI done on a cyst on her head. We had a lot of run around trying to get the test results and recommendations.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2009

Dr. Charles B. Stillerman's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ