Ratings for Dr. Brian J. Herschorn

Unfortunatelly, I am another "misdiagnosed" patient. Three visits to get a prescription right?

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Hershorn for the past 3 years. He is an excellent doctor and surgeon. He has performed cataract surgery on each of my eyes during which he was very comforting and very professional. Two days ago I had an emergency when I developed a torn retina with bleeding. I went to Dr. Hers horn without an appointment. He saw me immediately. Within one hour He performed laser surgery on me to repair the tear, which prevented my retina from becoming detached. I have total trust in this nan.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

Dr. Herschhorn is extremely good. He was able to see a small tear in my retina and was able to correct it before it became detached. Had he not caught it, I might have lost sight in that eye. He also has strong relationships with other extremely strong opthamologists such as Dr. Ben Z. Cohen who provide consults as needed.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

I am surprised to read the negative reviews. I have seen this doctor a few times for fairly routine matters and have found him to be excellent. He put me at ease and was very thorough in his examination. The wait is very long but I think this is due to the fact that he really spends time with his patients once they are in the exam room. The wait time is something that should be improved upon I would like to hear from others who have actually had surgery with this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

This doctor misdiagnosed me for years. Gave me terrible prescriptions and didn't care that I could not see. Current doctor says I don't need operations Herschorn said I needed including transplants. Same many doctors after him and no one agreed with him.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2011

I would have to say that Dr. Herschorn is one of thee best ophthalmologist I have encountered. He accuratly diagnosed my condition which wasnt caught in the past. He may be a little forward. But you like that in a doctor. I would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Was not satisifed with this doctor. Had me constantly make appointments - monthly which I felt were needless.

Submitted January 25, 2011

Intentionally misdiagnose to scheduled more visits for insurance payments.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

This doctor misdiagnosed my condition so that I had to continuously make appointments. He intentional gave me terrible prescriptions for glasses and contacts that I did not need. I spent so much money and drove my car with horrible prescriptions.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2009

Dr. Brian J. Herschorn's Credentials

• Arabic

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1978)