Ratings for Dr. David Lai

This doctor frauded BC Medical to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, then fled Canada for the UK. http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/westcoastnews/story.html?id=0214fc00-73c1-4b74-995d-1b8c3e54065d

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

Horrible irresponsible physician. Abandoned his practice on Broadway! leaving his patients with no doctor! didn't advise patients he was leaving the practice. Is a drug addict.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

Visited this Doctor in the Yaletown Medical Clinic. He spent less than three minutes with me before rushing to the next patient. I don't feel that he was thorough at all and his main interest in my opinion seemed to be in billing msp for my visit and getting me out the door. I will not use this MD again.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

Dr. Lai. My dad has been a patient of your clinic for the past 10 years and despite my lack of trust in your clinic and my advise aganist his visits there he has continued to trust in your poor judgements and medical expertise. His latest visit with you was YESTERDAY where he was told that he has normal ECG and chest x-ray readings. Despite the fact that he complained about having symptoms of difficulty breathing, etc., you sent him home with an asthma inhaler. ....you didnt bother to take extra precautionary measures to rule out possibility of cardiac origin in his symptoms. As a result of your carelessness he DID have a heart attack TODAY. My question is, do you treat your own family the same way?

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Dr. Lai is great. The total package. Knowlegeble and friendly. I was diagnosed with a serious illness and he helped me through the ordeal from the beginning. I don't think I could make it without him.

Submitted October 3, 2009