Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Anderson

I absolutely love Dr. Anderson and his office. When you walk in, you're greeted by the front staff who are usually very helpful. You might wait because the office is extremely busy but the PA's are great and it's worth the wait for the most part! If you ask questions, they explain the answers. The nurses check you out in a timely manner! There are times we are waiting a while but it shows the drs take the time with each of their patients. I would never hesitate to recommend this dr because of everything he's done for my family and I.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

I've been taking my daughter to Dr. Anderson for 5 years. After many doctors, he was the only one that took the time to listen and help us discover her severe allergies. His staff was sweet and friendly. Unfortunately, about 2 years ago, they cleaned house and replaced every staff member. The office is now totally unorganized and rude! They repeatedly harassed me for payments I did not owe. Even after I cleared up the matter with my insurance, they continued. I believed in Dr. Anderson so I was willing to hang in until the new staff got it together. Two years later they STILL mess up the billing and harass me for payments. They refuse to listen or take responsibility for making the mistake. The wait now for a shot is ridiculous. Worse yet, actual appts are now with RNP, and she seemed like a scared clueless schoolgirl. Haven't seen Dr. Anderson on the premises in years. Can't help but wonder if he realizes that his staff is hurting his business. We are so done there!

Submitted January 9, 2014

I have never experienced a staff as rude and inconsiderate as Dr. Anderson's staff. They are unorganized, don't know what they're doing and are only there to collect a paycheck. I have had them cancel appointments after I had already shown up twice. The wait time to get your shots is ridiculous and even worse if you have an actual doctors appointment. After going there for close to a year and every week for shots they said my insurance had met it's limit 5 MONTHS AGO!!! Yet they continued to just take my co-pay without informing me. Now they have sent me a bill for over $4,000 and are UNWILLING to reduce it!!! I have never experienced this type of disregard for patients by any doctors office in my life.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Waited 2 hours 10mins with no communication initiated by staff of physician as to why. After 1 hour I asked wht the wait & was told that the doctor had left the building but was back & we would be first seen. After the next hour we left w/o being seen. Ran into MD at the desk % informed hime that wait not acceptible; no apology received.Now we have a EOB that our insurance was billed for visit & test. This is either incompetence or fraud.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2012

I've been getting allergy shots from this office for about a year now. I went in to see the doctor for a check up and i literally waited almost two hours! I kept asking the nurse where was the doc and that I needed to go, they kept telling me he was with other patients and would be with me shortly. I then heard a cell phone ringing in a room next to mine and heard the doctor on the phone with his wife BSing with her while I had been waiting on him for almost two hours!! There is a sign in the lobby that says "No cell phone use in the exam rooms!!! I immediately left and told the nurses not to charge me for that visit! I told them the doc was on my time then! Haven't been back!!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

I went to Dr. Anderson since a friend recommended him to me for my kids. He tested my older child (who has several allergies) and then said not to test my baby and acted like I was overprotecting her if I wanted her tested. I know very well that allergies run in families and if one child has allergies then siblings may also have them. I went against his advice and tested my baby when she turned one year of age (with Dr. Broussard-Perry who has a much kinder bedside manner). It turns out that she does have a few allergies (some may be life-threatening) and I'm glad I didn't go back to Dr. Anderson. How can an allergist tell you not to test a family member when allergies run in the family? I think it was bad medical advice and therefore would not trust his judgment in the future.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2010

Both of my children and I have been seeing Dr. Anderson for years. He is one of the few pediatric allergists in the area and he is great! Very funny and personable, the kids love him. His office staff is the best, they are always helpful, always pleasant and we couldn't ask for more!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Dr. Michael W. Anderson's Credentials

• Ross Univ, Sch Of Med & Vet Med, Roseau, Dominica (Grad. 1984)

Tufts