Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Deters

I have been a long time patient of Dr. Robert Deters. He is a consummate professional, listens to and works with his patients to find the best solution for their particular malady, and is a good guy. I would highly recommend him to anyone who lives with chronic pain. Excellent physician.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Professional and pleasant. Took the time to explain the EMG test I was there for as well as the results and why he made the recommendation he did. I would happily refer a friend or relative to Dr. Deters

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Excellent physician. He is not a physical therapist. What kind of rating site doesn't know the difference?

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

He spent less than five minutes with me, was very condescending and uncaring to the point of being unprofessional. He did not seem to have any knowledge about my diagnoses, would not answer my questions and told me to "live with it." It was a total waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I was disappointed that the staff did not let me know in advance what my cost would be. I had injections before and my same insurance covered everything. This time around I was slammed with a $300 bill from health alliance. I would of went elsewhere if I had known.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Great Doctor. Very knowledgeable. Spent a lot of time making sure my questions were answered.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

My wife went to Dr. Deters for lower back pain and to get a cortisone shot to relieve it as was done in Portugal in 2006. He didn't know where to give her the shot and told her to take physical therapy which she didn't need. When she applied for long term care he gave a poor assessment stating that she had chronic lower back pain. After the 3rd visit the pain went away. Can someone tell me how a person who immigrated to this country in 1972 has never taken a sick day in 42 years would have lower chronic back pain? Because of his assessment she'll never get a long term care policy. The staff was wonderful but not the Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Not patient friendly. Only looked at MRI on computer screen did not even check me at all! Feel like it was a waste of my time! His staff was extremely nice!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Nice staff and Dr Deters is very nice. Had several back injections, and when I wasn't getting enough relief from them, he told me that there was nothing else he could do for me. I was very dissapointed with that remark. I am in constant pain.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

I received no information from him about what was wrong with me. Told me it was all in my head and wouldn't listen to what I had to say. Did not care or maybe believe how much pain I was in. Looked at the mri for a minute and said your fine. Second visit lasted 3 minutes and that is not an exaggeration I timed it.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

Dr. Robert L. Deters's Credentials

Beech Street Corporation
Kaiser-Permanente
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Three Rivers Provider Network