Ratings for Dr. J. Galic

I saw Galic after seeing a total bonehead. What a refreshing change. Dr. kept the treatments to the essential minimum and saved me a lot of pain and discomfort in the long run, not to mention saved the vision in my left eye. Where other doctors wanted to do a Vitrectomy, he used lasers to contain the injury and monitored. There was even a backup plan if that didn't work and the surgery was kept to a minimum and only if necessary. I'd recommend him for Retinal damage (what I saw him for).

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Dr. does not know how to schedule amount of surgeries in a day. Is 5 too many to do?? Waited for 3 months for this surgery then he cancelled on me 2hrs. prior to my surgery! I can understand if there were complications due to previous patients but the RESCHEDULED APPOINTMENT SHOULD BE THE FOLLOWING WEEK AND NOT THE FOLLOWING MONTH!! My son flew down from Vancouver JUST to take care of me post-op AND now, money is washed down the drain! I have a macular hole in my eye, cataracts and my vision is completely deteriorating! Why do I have to wait another MONTH to be operated on?? Receptionist was completely unhelpful and was giving me the runaround. Will be making a complaint about this doctor with the hospital administration! This should not have happened, if anything, the reschedule date should be the WEEK after-NOT THE MONTH AFTER!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009