Dr. Alexander Golger

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Alexander Golger

I contacted Dr. Golgers office to inquire about a mommy makeover, from the very first phone call I knew I picked the right surgeon and staff. Josie was more then willing to answer any questions or concerns I had. There was a wait period for my consultation but what specialist doesnt have that so this was to be expected. My consultation came faster then I thought and from the time I walked into his Oshawa office I was greeted by a friendly staff. The recepiontist was very welcoming, friendly and again knowledgable, now it was my turn. I met Dr. Golger and was so beyond happy, Dr. Golger made an incomfortable situation very easy. Dr. Golger was very professional, answered all my questions, explained everything in great detail and gave me real honest advice. I decided to go ahead with a tummy tuck, breast lift and lipo around the sides of my breast. I had my surgery at the Humber River Hospital where I met Dr. Golger again, Dr. Golger was punctual, explained everything that would take place during surgery in detail and answered me and my familys questions. I then met Dr. Golger in the operating room he was very kind and caring nt to leave out a great sense of humor. After surgery I passed by Dr. Golger again and he asked how I was doing with a spin of humor, Dr. Golger really made this experience comfortable, trusting and overall great. My after care was amazing, from answering questions to follow up appointments Dr. Golger and hos staff really care about their patients. I am also please to add that I am in LOVE with the work Dr. Golger has done and my scar is rapidly fading. I am forever greatfkl for Dr. Golger and hos staff with the care they provided and my overall experience. I have full confidence and trust with Dr. Golger and his team and would 100% reccomend him to others and reuse Dr. Golger if needed in the future. The words to express the level of service I got dont add up to the experience, highly reccomended. Forever greatful. ~Val

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Wonderful conversation Iat and excellent plastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

Was referred to Dr Golger for multiple issues with my implants. On his advice I decided to remove my implants and do a full lift. I was very apprehensive, but I must say I am very pleased with my results. I can’t believe how perky and full they look, my incisions are tiny. I have had virtually zero pain from the minute I woke up in recovery. I also had liposuction done and am just floored at the results. They are way better than I could have imagined. Dr. Golger is very personable, knowledgeable and funny. His staff is top notch, his office is clean and welcoming. Humber River Hospital is an amazing facility and would take them over a private clinic a hundred times over. Everyone I encountered during my day surgery was wonderful. I beyond satisfied with my results. I will be sure to recommend everyone I know to Dr Golger.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Saw him at Humber River Hospital - he was very pleasant, kind and caring. Surgery was painless and my scar is rapidly fading - will soon be non-existent. He is funny, thorough and a wonderful doctor. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I had a a great experience with Dr. Golger, from the consultation to the surgery and following up after surgery. He did a great job doing rhinoplasty surgery and I’ve never been more happy with the results.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

I give Dr. Golger an overall excellent review because not only is he very knowledgeable, he's straight forward, kind, and gives excellent advise. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a plastic surgeon who goes above and beyond his call of duty. His staff is so helpful, especially Josie. God bless her.... Without going into detail about my procedure, I am extremely pleased with the outcome, and don't know why I waited so long. Thank you, Thank you, Dr. Golger

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Dr. Golger is definitely the best plastic surgeon in Toronto. His is knowledgeable, professional, efficient and has a great sense of humor. For 6 months I was in pain, looking for a surgeon who would be willing to remove a tumor attached to a major nerve in my arm. Dr. Golger demonstrated unique professional skills and the results were amazing. After the surgery, I did not need to use any painkillers and didn't experience any numbness in my arm or fingers. I was able to start working in 3 days after he surgery. Not only I was able to start working in such a short period of time, but the incision on the arm looked like a thin line drawn with a pencil. Now, after one month from the date of surgery, this incision is hardly noticeable. Dr. Golger and his staff are committed to provide the best service possible and without hesitation I would recommend Dr. Golger to any patient in need of a plastic surgeon. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

8 years ago while living in Surrey BC, I had a growth on the first joint of my right index finger. Even though I did not have a regular GP, the walk in clinic doctor had the good sense to have an ultrasound ordered and performed. NO GP or Specialist, nr matter how well trained, does NOT have XRAY VISION. I have a medical background. You cannot look at something from the outside and make an informed diagnosis. I had a hand micro surgeon perform the surgery and a full biopsy done on the growth removed while living in BC. . Turned out the be a Giant Cell Tumor. Usually non cancerous, but 2% of all growths can metastasize to the lungs and become full blown lung cancer. My surgeon advised I had a 50% chance new growths would appear. it's now 8 years later , and 3 additional growths have appeared now on my left hand. I now live in Ontario. Waited 8 months to see Dr. Golger. He was rude and arrogant. Did not listen to my concerns. My guess is he doesn't appreciate being called out when a patient is knowledgeable in the medical industry. I asked for an MRI, at the very least an ultrasound. He scoffed at that. I will start all over again with my GP, and ENSURE proper diagnostic procedures are done BEFORE being referred to anyone, especially not Dr. Golger.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I had my breast augmentation performed by Dr. Golger I was referred to Dr. Golger by my family doctor. At the consultation, he took his time to answer all of my questions and patiently waited while I tried on different size implants, unlike a different surgeon I went to. I never felt rushed by Dr. Golger or his staff. I wanted to try the implants on again a couple of weeks before surgery and his team booked me an appointment for the following week! Every time I have been to the office, Dr. Golger has always been very punctual. His team is great with answering any questions that come up. Dr. Golger helped me choose a size that fits my body perfectly. My recovery was quick an easy. At almost one month post-op, my breasts feel and look very natural. The scar is pretty thin and even. If I choose to have any more plastic surgery in the future, I will definitely be returning to Avenue Plastic Surgery.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I had a procedure on my right thumb, my writing hand. When I asked how long I should be off work after the procedure he responded you can go to work right away after the surgery. Since I write manually all day, I knew this did not make sense and I tried to discuss with him and he kept just ignoring me. During the procedure at one point he finally asked me what do I do for work. He just said o.k. He narrowed it to one week. I tried to clarify if he counts 1 week as of the day of the procedure/surgery or from the following day. Because to me the first day we're frozen, so that's nor recuperation. He never answered, I tried to ask again at the end of the procedure and he wouldn't answer. Finally he told a woman in the room who could be a nurse to write a note for one week. Upon asking the same question, she answered extremely rude. When I arrived at Humber River Hospital department of plastic surgery. I was greeted by an extremely rude to the core receptionist. Thankfully when I finally registered, the other lady was a lot more kind. I found that Dr. Golger did not exemplified care, nor compassion, nor understanding for the patient. But had time to mock me at how I warm up my little finger when it's cold. I have to see him again at the end of August so he can see the results. There was never time taken at the clinic nor at the hospital regarding my needs. He seems to think that the writing thumb is un-important and shouldn’t have pain. I have to say that IT HAS BEEN PAINFULL. I still have pain in writing or cutting food. I found that he doesn't understand my situation and had absolutely no interest. To add hospital staff that are outright rude is not a pleasant experiences.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr. Alexander Golger's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • Russian
  • Hebrew

• McMaster University (Grad. 2003)

Oxford

Request an Appointment

Please complete this form to request an appointment