Ratings for Dr. Lynn M. Gaufin

He is the sweetest man and was so helpful. He took time to make sure I understood everything.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Had an excellent outcome with Dr. Gaufin he did a two level cervical fusion on me. I think I was up in moving around within the first day after surgery. I had to wear my brace for a couple of weeks but didn't even need all my pain pills. I am really happy with the outcome and would recommend Dr. Gaufin without reservation.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I decided I needed to review my experience with Dr. Gaufin after visiting with my brother in law over the holiday weekend. We both had a two level cervical fusion about 5 months ago. Since the surgery I have been feeling great, my hospital stay was two days shorter than my brother in law and the time I needed pain killers was a lot less. I still have pretty good movement in my neck after the fusion. I took a little getting used to the diminished mobility but once my muscles adapted I stopped recognizing it. Compare that with my brother in law who literally has to turn his entire body to get is neck to move. I believe that the difference between our two outcomes comes down to the surgeon. I can't go inside and see the difference one what they did inside but our scars are different. They are both the same length by mine is hardly noticeable his looks like Frankenstein with a big scar and marks from the stitches. After seeing the difference in our outcomes I will make sure my friends and family see Dr. Gaufin.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I went to see Dr. Gaufin after I had already had a lumbar fusion preformed by another doctor. For some reason the fusion didn't go well and I was never completely pain free. I went to Dr. Gaufin because a nurse in my ward recommended him and said he has great results with repairing other fusions. So I got a referral from my family practice doc and was told I had to get an MRI. This is super important because without the MRI they will not schedule you. So one bit of advice is get your MRI ordered before you call the clinic. Long story short Dr. Gaufin determined that my fusion hadn't gone as well as it should have and that I was a candidate for repair. I was pretty mad when I got confirmation on what I already knew (the fusion didn't work). Dr. Gaufin preformed the operation and cleaned up the area around the nerve and refused it. I am doing much better than I was after my prior surgery and don't need any pain meds.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I went to see doctor Gaufin after I was rear ended at a stop light. I had been seen the doctor before with neck pain but he didn't think it was time for surgery so he sent me to therapy. The wreck made my bulging discs into herniated discs. I was experiencing numbness in my feet and fingers before the operation. I am about a month post operation and I am feeling much better. I have lost a little bit of motion in my neck but I hardly realize it. I am glad they were able to fix me up.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I saw Dr. Gaufin after being diagnosed with a chiari malformation. I have suffered from headache all my life and had just accepted them as a normal part of life. It wasn't until last year that I began to feel nausea after moving quickly or driving in a car. I received an MRI and the report said I had a chairi malformation they recommended that I see Dr. Gaufin. I was told by Dr. Gaufin that some people don't need to have surgery with this condition but because my symptoms were worsening he recommended surgery. Besides deciding to marry my wife this was the best decision I have every made. My headache are all gone and I no longer experience nausea. I give Dr. Gaufin the highest reviews and would recommend him without reservation to anyone. Be warned because they are in such demand you may wait for an appointment for awhile.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

I visited Dr. Gaufin after I asked an spinal orthopedist for a second opinion. The orthopedist wanted to schedule an operation right away and though I was in pain it wasn't debilitating. So I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Gaufin and brought in my MRI he said the image was poor and was surprised they wanted to operate. He ordered me an new MRI and I got it at the hospital that day and was worked in the two days later. With the clear MRI he recommended against surgery for the time being he thought physical therapy and anti inflammatory drugs would ease the pain. He was correct for about a year I was pain free then I got in a car accident and started losing feeling in my hands and feet. Dr. Gaufin operated on me to take care of the problem that was causing the numbness. Its been 2 months since the surgery and I feel great. I would highly recommend Dr. Gaufin in fact I am having my mother fly from California to see him about her back pain.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I had cervical spine surgery in July of 2013. I had 3 discs fused. I was quite nervous about having this type of surgery, but the pain made the decision for me. Dr. Gaufin was very personable and spent whatever time I needed to educate me on the problem and his recommendations, as well as what to expect during the process. Now that this is all in the rear view mirror I am so glad I had Dr. Gaufin do the surgery. I have not had any complications and my recovery has been great. I feel that he is a very gifted surgeon and I highly recommend him for anyone contemplating this type of surgery.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

I am very greatfull to Dr.Gaufin. not only did he set my mind at ease concerning my chiari malformation, he diagnosed another problem that I have had for 2 years that my regular doctor couldn't figure out ( at one point I was told by my g.p that I was making up my symptoms!). He agreed 2 treat me without insurance and also do my surgery (I was told by other neuros I couldn't get the surgery without insurance). He was so compassionate 2 my situation, he really cared. Also he spends as much time as u need in the appointment, doesn't just rush in and out like some doctors. Will refer him 2 anyone!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Doctor Gaufin, was very helpful and understanding with my situation and helped me understand what would be in my best interest to help my situation. Most of the staff was friendly the receptionist could be a little snippy at times, at times there could be a 45 minute to an hour wait before you would see the doctor, I understand that he is very good in his perfession and alot of people need to see him, and when I did see him he was very understanding and helpful and kind. Yes defefinetly I would recommend him to others, he is a GREAT DOCTOR!!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Dr. Lynn M. Gaufin's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1966)