Ratings for Dr. Doron Shmorgun

My wife and I have been very happy with the results of Dr. Shmorgun's care. We are now a step closer to having a baby, and the work by Dr. Shmorgun was essential to this success.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr. Shmorgun was patient, kind and understanding. We had dealt with other fertility doctors and found him to be the best fit for us. He was knowledgeable and positive. We had a few personal issues that popped up throughout the IVF process and he showed empathy and sympathy while still keeping us focused on our goal of becoming parents. We are on our way to delivering anyway now and could not have done it without him.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

After trying to conceive for just over a year my family doctor refered me here. Dr Shmorgun happened to.be the doctor whom I'd see... Once first meeting with him he was absolutely amazing, made me feel comfortable and mad eme feel as if I was in good hands.... After completing a long list of questions he.finally started with the blood work and testing.... blood work was well then came the hsg test.. they mentioned it being cramps but was no where close tho what they claimed it was horrible and very uncomfortable I had to treating the tec doing it that if she didn't stop I'd kick her... she then told me (in the most heartless manner ) that I had blocked fallopian tube and to.follow.uo.with doctor Shmorgun... about 2 weeks later j had my follow up... Dr. Shmorgun had explained that I had blocked fallopian tunes due to scare tissue from an untreated std... the funny thing is I never had any untreated stds (this I am sure of as I did tests ever 3 mths) I did have 1 std and was treated 2 times for it 2nd bcuz I vomited the first dose of antibiotics.... I asked him. How that could be possible when i conceived after I had the std.... He replied with a smart and very rude remark... so as did I to his.... He went on with the meeting talking about if would be the only way for me to conceive n the good thing is that bcuz both my tunes r block the actual procedure was covered and I was only responsible for the medication..... (the medication was still 3000.00) so I left heart broken.... and with plans to start saving... Once j got home I started researching blocked fallopian tunes so j could get a better understanding of what I was dealing with.... I found out a lot of information about it as well as natural remidies on how to unblock them (n it was sure a lot cheaper then 3000.00) so I went n bought the herbs for a herbal tampons but just to.b safe asked him for his opinion.... He once again is a rude n smart way simply stated I'd b wasting my time n that stuff doesn't really work... I told him I'd b back soon when I had enough money for the med. .. but left still feeling as if I. Shud give it a try... mths later I finally opened up. About my struggle to.my girlfriend 1 asked if I was sure it wasn't endometriosis... I told her yes I was sure bcuz several doctors told.me.it wasn't that.. then after our Convo I went home and once again did.some research... This time on. Endometriosis... turns out I had 7 out of the 10 known symptoms. .. I made an apotiment with.my family doctor and asked.him to.refer me to the doctor my girlfriend told me about..... 3 weeks later I had an apotiment... This doctor was great he had faith in me and believed in me n listened... He said let's cut to the chase n figure. Out what wrong with u... so he scheduled me.for an laproscopy test 1 mth later... n turns out Dr. Shmorgun was wrong and my friend was right.... my fallopian tunes were clear as day and I had endometriosis on the back.of my uterus which was causing infertility..... Shmorgun jut wanted to suck all the money out of me that he could... everytime I. Asked.or.sugested something he told me it was pointless and ivf was the only. Option. For.me... I am now 4 mths prego with the help.of Dr. Figel an amazing endometriosis specialist that made my dreams come tru... so please ladies don't loose hope and always get a second opinion... and go with ur gut instinct... I knew it wasn't possible for my tube to be blocked.... no doctor knows u better then u know ur body... so ladies don't let this man suck ur pennies out of ur pocket keep that baby fund for ur actual baby.... and go see Dr. Figel or Dr. Sigh before you commit to Dr Shmorgun ivf (if u feel he miss diagnosed you).... As for Dr. Shmorgun yiu should be ashamed of yourself... These women.are coming to you because they are looking for hope and this being their last resort and instead of checking everything you go for the money maker... will never go to.him again (even if I have to) and will always warn n e 1 I know going to the clinic about this man

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Had to leave a comment as we're so impressed. We were referred and have dealt with him on many occasions. Took what was initially a routine thing very seriously and got a second opinion. I cannot say enough about his assistant Lori. She is kind, helpful, willing to hear concerns and to help even when she is incredibly busy. HIGHLY recommended for both these reasons.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I have been a patient with Dr. Schmorgun for about a year and a half. I find him to be an extremely competent physician. However, most importantly, he is a compassionate and friendly physician. He communicates risks and benefits of all options clearly and concisely. He looks you in the eye as opposed to a chart when he talks to you. I have never felt rush in an appointment. He has taken time to call me on the phone instead to discuss test results as opposed to having me wait to make an appointment. He doesn't bill very every little thing e.g. for a medical note for employer etc. His staff are also very effective/efficient, and friendly. I appreciate the free and ample parking as well as the inviting and comfortable atmosphere of the medical building itself. I think all clinics, including family health, should follow a similar model.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Shmorgun, for help conceiving both of our children. He has always been professional, warm and empathic. I suffered numerous pregnancy losses (one of which was life threatening) while under his care, and he was always emotionally attuned and compassionate. I was never made to feel like it was just another pregnancy loss. Dr. Shmorgun performed two surgeries on me over the course of our years in treatment, and was very reassuring and an excellent surgeon. If you look at his recent photograph on the Ottawa Fertility Center website, this image really does justice to his very kind and warm countenance. He is as kind as he looks in that photo. We would be glad to work with him again in the future and patients in Ottawa are fortunate to have access to such an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2014

A very bad Doctor. Hesitating about his recommandations.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

At first he was great. Now I'm looking else where. They found an issue with me, i asked to try the alternative and it was a no. Why waste my time going there for the apt just tell me no one the phone. Its been two years and acomplished nothing but heart ache.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

My husband and I were patients of Dr. Shmorgun and considered ourselves to be very fortunate. He was friendly, punctual and took his time to explain our situation and the surgery I needed to have. On the day of my surgery, he was very reassuring and comforting, and made the call to my husband that surgery went well. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Excels at what he does, confidant, very skillful, performs procedures with minimal pain. Very professional and also attentive, cares about the patient, knows well the case and the way to handle it.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014