Ratings for Dr. Patrick J. O'Neill

He us the most inconsiderate, narcissistic, surgeon. He has the absolute worst bed side manner. His attitude is uncalled for. He did surgery on my foot, and did procedures I DID NOT CONSENT TO!!!!! I now have a non-union fusion from the surgery, and the plate in my foot broke...So know I have to be out of work for another 3 months.. GO TO ANOTHER DR!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

He has no concern for patients time or comfort, after waiting in the tiny room for 50 min. he finally came in and did nothing just said use ice. Who need to pay a doctor to sit around and be told to use ice. They told me at the desk they feel they are doing good if they only make you wait for an hour. He is the worse, who needs this.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

One of the rudest people I have ever met. Went to him for a second opinion (my GP recommended this since I've had problem for so months) for foot pain. No new insights -- first doctor said I should stay off my foot as much as possible, he said that it didn't matter. What was remarkable was his attitude-- acted like the visit was an imposition on him. When I told him how my foot felt , he said: That's not a thing. When I told him where I had pain, he said: That's not possible. He looked at an x ray, didn't examine the foot. Going back to first doctor who is cordial & has a good reputation. Unless you want to be treated like garbage , avoid this guy.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I went to Dr. O'Neill for a second opinion following several unsuccessful foot surgeries. He did a third surgery resulting in healing, no infection and I trust him to do what is needed in the future. He is caring, warm, attentive and has instilled in me complete trust in his abilities.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Avoid Dr. O'Neill. He has a cavalier attitude, and his carelessness in performing my bone spur removal resulted in a deformation of my big toe that now will require a toe fusion. He did not order a post-op x-ray, and when I did, he walked into the room and his first words were "So, why are we here, sh*ts and giggles?" He then proceeded to barely review the x-rays and say it was a success. Actually, it was a complete failure. Had he really been paying attention to my condition, I would not need another surgery.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Broke my ankle while traveling out of state. Called Dr. O'Neill's office as soon as I returned to Florida. They saw me immediately and scheduled surgery for the next day. The surgery and my recuperation have gone perfectly. Dr. O'Neill and his nurse Pam have been wonderful to work with--punctual, informative and loving. The staff at check in and check out, as well as the staff that answer the phone, are always prompt, efficient and lovely to work with. This has been a truly positive experience.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

If he was chocolate he'd eat himself. I had high hopes for my appointment but would not see him again. Before he came into the exam room I overheard him asking his staff if he could go home yet...so sorry my case is sooo boring for you doc. He just didn't seem to really care much, and never ordered an MRI despite the problem with my foot being chronic and acute at times. Of course, being so wonderful he must have x-ray vision. I had a cortisone shot which was appallingly painful and has done absolutely nothing. The next day the problem returned as bad as ever. Also they state on their website that he is the ONLY fellowship-trained foot and ankle surgeon in Sarasota County and that is incorrect as Dr. Eric James of Sarasota Orthopaedics also has fellowship training and when I follow up he will be the one I see.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Dr. O'Neill is knowledgeable, explains procedure possibilities and options well, and has a very nice demeanor. I recently had a 2:15pm follow-up appointment. I understand physicians may run behind on appointments if/when a patient requires extra time to have concerns addressed, however, I was taken back to the exam room timely, saw Dr. O'Neill in a relatively short time. He checked my foot (I was 2 weeks post op) & re-dressed the healing wound, and I was on my way in less than an hour. My regular orthopod (who handles hips) had recommended Dr. O'Neill to take care of my foot issue, so I knew I'd be getting a well qualified, good surgeon. Who knew I'd be getting a physician who takes care with his patients and is easy to talk with as well? I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Dr. O'Neill was unsuccessfully treating me for an ulcer on my big toe. He trimmed it down for me with a scalpel. He spread a cloth on the floor to catch the tissue he was cuttng off. He did not wear gloves and when he was done he did not offer or attempt to dress the wound or apply anything to it. I had to ask him for a bandage. Overnight the toe became infected and I had to see another doctor to get a prescription for antibiotics to combat the infection and keep it from spreading.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

First appointment he was 45 minutes late, found him wondering in the hallway where I asked him if he was ready yet. Second appointment he was 40 minutes late and I was the first afternoon appointment. When asking for clarification on an MRI he looked at me and in a very condescending tone said "What don't you understand. He was rushed and had a very bad attitude. When questioning further his answers were very wishy-washy. Get them in and get them out, that's the motto at Kennedy=White Orthopedic

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Dr. Patrick J. O'Neill's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)