Ratings for Dr. Pravin Shukle

I have been seeing Dr. Shukle for 11 years and has always been very diligent of my care. He always has a smile and cares about his patients. He always ask how things are going and is personable. I'm glad he is my internist and would recommend him to family and friends. Yes sometimes his staff are not as courteous but he his rhe main person that matters. I have never had to wait very long to be seen for an appointment. Danielle

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

This doctor is always late, it seems that his office are double booking patients to maximize the revenue. I have never had an appointment where I was seen in a timely fashion. He is quick prescribing pills without asking the patients if its OK with another pill. My last appointment, I had to wait 45 minutes to be seen 2 minutes. He already had renewal of my prescription printed out along with next appointment. He handed over the papers and said that my blood work was OK apart from one or two values and that's it. Total disrespect. I'm sick and tired of this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I have been Dr. P.Shukle's for last 14 years and I can say he is the most wonderful and caring doctor I have ever seen. I am 55 and a cancer survival. He kept me alive with his kindness and knowledge. Amazing Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Dr Shukle and his staff do not communicate effectively when it comes to who/how many patients are waiting and how far behind he is. Waited two hours to be seen for ten minutes because of his careless attitude as well as that of his staff who are probably afraid of him. Totally unacceptable service.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I'm a medical doctor and I see Dr. Shukle for my own care (I have hypertension) and I have nothing but good to say about his bedside manner, his knowledge base is phenomenal and his office is very well run with great staff who are well trained. He runs late sometimes, yes, even for colleagues, but it's nothing out of the norm for a specialist with a waiting list a mile long! I'm very thankful for the care he has provided me.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

There is an unethical troll who is posting BS about Dr. Shukle. I was an internist at the QCH when Dr. Shukle worked there. I shared call with him for almost five years. He resigned from there around the time I did, to spend more time with his family, but still has visiting privileges at the QCH. It was a pleasure working with him, and his patients love him. I spoke to Dr. Shukle tonight and he will ask rateMD to release the identity of this troll, as the comments are false and slanderous. To be clear, Dr. Shukle has never lost privileges anywhere.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Dr. Shukle is my mother's cardiologist. She is 92 and various health issues. Dr. Shukle has always been very kind with her and talks directly to her, unlike some doctors who barely acknowledge she is in the room. Given her age and her health issues, he is pragmatic and balances her care with quality of life. He doesn't push medications and tests on her that at her age are unpleasant and she doesn't need. He is pleased to see her every visit and doesn't treat her like she's 5. He is a genuinely nice doctor.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I wish I could rate him and his staff on professionalism, they would get a "terrible". I visited for a heart consult. I was left alone in the middle of my exam, and noticed the computer had the personal information of the previous patient. I could see all the personal information, including date of birth, address, condition. It was a terrible breach of privacy. The staff and the doctor were rude, did not follow up with me after the appointment, and the offices were dirty. I would not recommend him or his staff.

Submitted December 13, 2015

Agree with the previous post. Awesome doctor. I am a nurse at the Queensway Carleton Hospital, where he used to work. He was one of the most popular doctors there among the nurses. Many nurses are now his patients. He has one of the highest number of doctors as his patients. When doctors and nurses choose to go to a doctor for their own care, you know you have hit gold.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I truly believe that this doctor saved my mother's life. Very astute and hardworking. Phoned my mom at 10 pm when a rhythm on a monitor was not right. Squeezed us in the next morning. Staff are also great. Agree with a previous comment that he doesn't suffer fools gladly, because he isn't afraid to tell you off if you are being a jerk. (I also agree its entertaining. He is really funny!)

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015