Ratings for Dr. Pravin Shukle

Dr Shukle had his privileges at the the QCH revoked quite some time ago, speaks volumes about personality. As in a previos post he was quite popular with the nurses and I highly doubt any of them are his patients today. Go somewhere else to get treatment this gentlemen is downright rude and his ego is huge.

Submitted June 26, 2016

Dr. Shukle is my mother's cardiologist. She is 92 and various health issues. Dr. Shukle has always been very kind with her and talks directly to her, unlike some doctors who barely acknowledge she is in the room. Given her age and her health issues, he is pragmatic and balances her care with quality of life. He doesn't push medications and tests on her that at her age are unpleasant and she doesn't need. He is pleased to see her every visit and doesn't treat her like she's 5. He is a genuinely nice doctor.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I wish I could rate him and his staff on professionalism, they would get a "terrible". I visited for a heart consult. I was left alone in the middle of my exam, and noticed the computer had the personal information of the previous patient. I could see all the personal information, including date of birth, address, condition. It was a terrible breach of privacy. The staff and the doctor were rude, did not follow up with me after the appointment, and the offices were dirty. I would not recommend him or his staff.

Submitted December 13, 2015

Agree with the previous post. Awesome doctor. I am a nurse at the Queensway Carleton Hospital, where he used to work. He was one of the most popular doctors there among the nurses. Many nurses are now his patients. He has one of the highest number of doctors as his patients. When doctors and nurses choose to go to a doctor for their own care, you know you have hit gold.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I truly believe that this doctor saved my mother's life. Very astute and hardworking. Phoned my mom at 10 pm when a rhythm on a monitor was not right. Squeezed us in the next morning. Staff are also great. Agree with a previous comment that he doesn't suffer fools gladly, because he isn't afraid to tell you off if you are being a jerk. (I also agree its entertaining. He is really funny!)

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

He is great if you are sick, but if you are a person who is a hypochondriac he tends to be a bit rude. I saw him bite the head off a patient who was rude to one of his staff. It was very entertaining, but most people in the waiting room agreed with him. All in all a great doc.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Agree with previous review, very rude doctor! Unprofessional and highly not recommended.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Why this man is a doctor eludes me and many others I have spoken to, has had problems at the QCH also. Rude beyond believe.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr Shukle is amazing! Very knowledgeable, thorough and doesn't rush at all. Has a great sense of humor and is extremely caring. I'm greatful he's going to be over seeing my cardiac issues.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I have seen Dr. Shukle now for the past two years..He the most pleasant and knowledgeable Dr. who makes you feel comfortable and will take to talk about concerns and explain as easy as possible without using all medical terms. He has not let me down and proves to be a very caring Dr. who goes out and beyond to make you feel you are in good hands...I'm very very happy to have been sent to him he has not let me down. His mission is to not let you slip through the cracks and get you healthy...I'm grateful..Highly recommends this top notch specialist.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015