Ratings for Dr. Imran Naqvi

Unfortunately we live in a society that mental illness is not truly seen nor accepted for what it is and its impact. I have been with Dr. Naqvi for years. He is a psychiatrist, not a psychologist, social worker nor therapist. He is not a doctor who will provide medication for the sake of doing so. He does care about his patients a lot more than he has been given credit for, after reading some of these reviews. One said he should lose his license, I cannot begin to imagine the amount of patients he has due to the shortage of psychiatrists. I have anxiety and it is not easy to deal with. He is attentive, understanding, asks questions, does make eye contact and does listen. He is human as well, he is not a miracle worker. His job is to prescribe medication and for those who feel he does not listen, explain to him how you are feeling he will listen. He will give referrals to help you " Help Yourself" . These mental health illnesses and issues also require we put in our own effort to try to live our best possible life. I trust this man with my life. He is not a mind reader , be open and honest you will be surprised with what you receive in return.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Dealing with crazy people is hard! If you are coming to your psychiatrist for long walks on the beach and wacko alternative medicine healing then maybe your confused. His job is to diagnose and medicate. My previous shrink did lose his license and Dr Naqvi has been a breath of fresh air. He asks the right questions keeps me stable and is likeable enough. I wish some of the one star hand holders would get with the program and get their counsolling elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Hands down, one of the worst doctors I've ever encountered. He said to me, word for word "we don't offer counselling... We stabilise psyche meds and discharge. " When I was discharged, I left with even more anxiety from realizing just how bad the health system is in this region.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Horrible. Don't know how else to say it. He prescribes soooo many pills (I learned my lesson and rehabbed myself without his knowledge) because 2 friends were on the same meds (for years and these type of meds should never be prescribed for months even) and they died from it within the last year. Do your research with this "Dr"

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I can not even begin to express how much this doctor impacts my illness in a negative way. His bedside manner is awful, he doesn't listen and seemingly just wants to put me on as many drugs as he possibly can. Going to see him is a heartbreaking experience. If there was someone else in this area taking patients I would leave in a heartbeat. Many of us in the region have our hands tied with regards to this man because alternatives are simply not available.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

He rarely speaks. He barely looks at you, and when you have a major problem, he doesn't care. You can address new symptoms and he'll ignore them and tell you to come back a week later. If he won't take you, he tells you to go to the hospital. We're out patients, we are not getting locked up for 72 hours because he refuses to take two minutes (in an empty office, I might add.) to sit down and do his job. I'd find another psychiatrist, but no ones taking patients. he told me I had tried everything for anxiety and depression, one Google Search uncovered at least 10 I hadn't been on. I tell him what to prescribe me because I'm more informed with google than he is with his doctorate. He's dismissive, he relies on COAST, a suicide hotline, to do his work for him when no one is answering the phone. His staff is caring, he is not. I feel he's only in this for the money because he only cares about himself.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

I've been seeing Dr.Naqvi every couple of weeks for several years and each time he asks me to remind him of why I see him. He seems to forget what I'm dealing with and often makes suggestions that make it seem like he isn't hearing me. The appointments are brief which I understand as I know he is busy but it often feels like he just wants to make sure to prescribe meds but then often my prescription doses are mixed up and the pharmacy contacts me. Other times he doesn't prescribe enough medication to last between visits which then lands me in withdrawal and very sick. His mailbox is frequently full so you can't leave messages and he doesn't return my pharmacists faxes or my insurance companies letters. It's a very difficult situation and I don't reccomened him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

My mother currently sees him, she hates him, all he does is give her pills and all she wants is someone to talk to, is that not his job! She needs medication to help her chemical imbalance but she still has mental problems, she isn't happy and wants to fix that but all he does is give her medication.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Excellent doctor. He actually cares. He listens and his calmness and ability to listen is the best.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

How can this person (Dr. Naqvi) call himself a doctor? Where did he get his license from? He is a very dangerous man and he should not be around vulnerable people. If you want your life intact, please stay away from this doctor. His license should be taken away from him asap. RATING IS ZERO

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017