Ratings for Dr. Caroline A. Ryan

We were referred to Dr. Ryan after we found out my husband has a very low sperm count. After examining my husband she stated "Well, the analysis is not good, but at least you have some sperm. Some people come in here and have zero sperm." She also stated that she did not know what would cause such a low sperm count. She stated this without checking any labs or anything. She just said keep trying and if we're still not pregnant we could look into IUI. When talking about IVF she never used the term "IVF", but referred to it as "test tube babies". I felt that she was unprofessional and seemed to be in a hurry. We asked if there was medication that could increase sperm count and she just stated "no". She spoke to my husband and I as if we were stupid. She does not understand that once you've been TTC for over a year, you've done some research. We felt that she did not put any effort into finding out what could be causing my husband's low sperm count and we were very dissapointed.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2009

Dr. Caroline A. Ryan's Credentials

• East Carolina University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)