You may also like

Rate Dr. Kevin Martin

Dr. Kevin Martin's Ratings

When we first met Dr Martin he seemed cold, and abrupt. Over the years , we have come to realize he is a kind, caring and efficient man. Every time we see him now he asks about our families and our lives. refers to good specialists and has a great sense of humour . Not having to wait an hour to see him is an added bonus Staff are ok, I guess they have a lot of pressure too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Martin is a five star doctor and his staff is efficient. His first priority is his patients and far down his list of priorities is telling patients what they want to hear --- as it must be. He is a medical doctor supreme and doesn't try to be an entertainer or impress. I've got a bio-science degree and I can say he knows what he is doing and doesn't work on assumption. If he doesn't take your blood pressure you can be certain taking it would add nothing to your treatment. As far as his staff is concerned they can only be as effective as the inputs they receive from you, the patient. I'm age 71 and, due to geographic moves, I've had the good fortune of being served by three general practitioners. They all had different approaches and styles of delivery but their service was exemplary. Kevin has very ably maintained this service at a high level. He also has no hesitancy in referring matters to specialists when warranted. Ken

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2863586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

Dr Martin is an intelligent, kind and caring gentleman. We have been so grateful to work with him all of these years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2792140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Dr Martin himself is excellent, but I will not be returning and will find another physician, as one of the clinic's staff was extremely unpleasant not wanting to admit perhaps they had failed to complete some paperwork and that it was all my fault.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Fantastic doctor. Very caring. Knowledgable, accommodating, punctual and great with my children. I've had several doctors in my lifetime and feel so very lucky that I and my family are now under the care of Dr Martin.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2525797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I have to say that I have read some of these comments and really do not agree! Dr.Martin is South African and they have a cordial respectful tone. Though he is not the "coffee talk" bedside manner- who wants that when dealing with serious health issues. His knowledge and patience is so excellent! He has shown empathy and been just as frustrated with my difficult journey to diagnose a very complex chronic disease. He has also shown decisive ACTION on every request I have. I never leave his office feeling bewildered of what took place. I give respect ,appreciative gifts and smiles to the staff that deals with a very hard environment. Maybe people should do the same and then they will have a good relationship with their doctor and staff.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2509900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Curteous, caring and professional Dr Martin visited my mother at home until she died. His care at the end of her life was kind and thorough

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2501271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Not at all impressed. My age in 78 and thankfully I've been generally healthy. Martin is possibly one of the worst doctors I've ever known. Doesn't take your blood pressure unless you ask, even when he is aware you have atrial fibrillation, and then all of a sudden discovers I have hypertension. Plus he has messed up my prescriptions repeatedly. Nor does he communicate well when a test is taken. His staff is indifferent to the point of rudeness, and any specialist appointment arranged can be three months to six months later. Have advised him I am trying for find another doctor, but that is getting impossible to do in this area. Am seriously considering commuting between Parksville and Victoria - a distance of 100 miles each way - to visit my previous doctor, just for the safety of my health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

His office has been unavailable for a week now due to computer training with no backup doctors and no notice to patients. The office staff is either overworked or generally unfriendly. His manner could use some work. He is getting better but it is still an issue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][416465].votes_count ]]