Ratings for Dr. Kevin Martin

Awful doctor aloof and cool your concerns not his concerns. Can't believe we pay for this out of desperation.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I am very greatful to have Dr. Kevin Martin as our new GP. His ability to read between the lines and pull out what is important is refreshing. Dr. Martin's office administrator Marie is an absolute sweetheart and clearly cares about patients.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Martin is an objective, informed physician. He listens carefully and never rushes through an appointment. He has telephoned our home with results of tests that he knew were of great concern to us. He is open-minded with regard to different perspectives and will consider them as options. He thoroughly reviews all test results. Dr. Martin is straight-forward and honest. He is the best physician that I have ever had!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

8 years with Dr Martin, and I am continualy impressed and reassured. Dr Martin feels alike a friend and is a great listener, backed up with great knowledge and good referrals. Our family followed him to Nanaimo , great new staff !

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Dr. Martin is one of the best doctors I've ever had. He's thorough and takes time to explain things. He's great for getting referrals when necessary or needed.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

He is my new family doctor and I am SO grateful to finally have a doctor that is compassionate. My last doctor was so mean and didn't listen to me at all. Dr. Martin treated me like a human being, and I felt listened to in our appointment. I am very thankful to have found him.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Patients were informed for months, all frail and ill patients reallocated, a replacement GP was recruited( not easy in this time). Clearly these efforts are were not sufficient

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr Martin just moved in 2016 to Nanaimo. No letter, newspaper notice, phone call, just nothing. Found this out when I phoned to renew myRx's. I have never had any negative thing to say before but with an attitude like this I can see what his many distractors have said may have more merit.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

We've been with this doctor for over 3 years and just about had it! We always felt rushed and he treated us like we are interrupting his very important and busy day (aah, we made appointments to be here, you know!). The last time my husband and I made appointments for full physicals, he just gave us blood work test slips, didn't take any other vitals at all! On top of that, he failed to go over my test results during the follow-up, I literally had to beg for them so I know if the meds dose I'm taking is good or not. And when my husband missed his follow-up appointment for the first time ever due to mistaken time (and promptly called to apologize), Dr. Martin wrote him a very long unbelievably rude letter telling him how he "obviously doesn't take his health seriously" and that he is welcome to find another doctor. Well this is exactly what we are going to do, the entire family! He spent more time and attention writing that letter than he ever did caring for our health. My feeling is that he is more concerned about having as many clients (not patients) on his charge list then taking proper care of them.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

An intelligent ,caring and witty gentleman , Kevin has cared for my wife and myself for many years. Great referral doctors too especially Dr Alsher

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016