Ratings for Dr. Kevin Martin

Dr. Martin is one of the best doctors I've ever had. He's thorough and takes time to explain things. He's great for getting referrals when necessary or needed.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

He is my new family doctor and I am SO grateful to finally have a doctor that is compassionate. My last doctor was so mean and didn't listen to me at all. Dr. Martin treated me like a human being, and I felt listened to in our appointment. I am very thankful to have found him.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Patients were informed for months, all frail and ill patients reallocated, a replacement GP was recruited( not easy in this time). Clearly these efforts are were not sufficient

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr Martin just moved in 2016 to Nanaimo. No letter, newspaper notice, phone call, just nothing. Found this out when I phoned to renew myRx's. I have never had any negative thing to say before but with an attitude like this I can see what his many distractors have said may have more merit.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

We've been with this doctor for over 3 years and just about had it! We always felt rushed and he treated us like we are interrupting his very important and busy day (aah, we made appointments to be here, you know!). The last time my husband and I made appointments for full physicals, he just gave us blood work test slips, didn't take any other vitals at all! On top of that, he failed to go over my test results during the follow-up, I literally had to beg for them so I know if the meds dose I'm taking is good or not. And when my husband missed his follow-up appointment for the first time ever due to mistaken time (and promptly called to apologize), Dr. Martin wrote him a very long unbelievably rude letter telling him how he "obviously doesn't take his health seriously" and that he is welcome to find another doctor. Well this is exactly what we are going to do, the entire family! He spent more time and attention writing that letter than he ever did caring for our health. My feeling is that he is more concerned about having as many clients (not patients) on his charge list then taking proper care of them.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

An intelligent ,caring and witty gentleman , Kevin has cared for my wife and myself for many years. Great referral doctors too especially Dr Alsher

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

This is my gp and he's so unbelievable!very thorough and knowledgable caring,great with kids:) and always early or on time.very impressed,cute too lol!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

I can set my watch by Kevin's punctuality and he tops it off with genuine concern and he doesn't have that one problem one visit thing my last gp did . I respect his knowledge and kindness and I feel he values my contribution as a patient

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

i find Dr. Martin to be rather rude and not caring at all. He seems to feel that i should be honored to be seen by him. Not happy and not going back.

Submitted August 25, 2015

When we first met Dr Martin he seemed cold, and abrupt. Over the years , we have come to realize he is a kind, caring and efficient man. Every time we see him now he asks about our families and our lives. refers to good specialists and has a great sense of humour . Not having to wait an hour to see him is an added bonus Staff are ok, I guess they have a lot of pressure too.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015