Ratings for Dr. Catherine A. Riordan

I'm not the one to call the Dr. about every little thing, but I called when my dr. office was closed and she was the Dr. on call. My child just started hysterically crying out of the blue for about 15 minutes shaking saying "ouch ouch". Something was going on with his hand, I standing with him and he did not fall, was not outside, was not playing on wood to get a splinter, nothing just out of the blue, no naturally as a parent I started to panic. So I was like, what the heck, i'll just call the Dr and maybe give me advice. She calls me and I tell her what is going on and her response SO RUDE goes "wellllllll, I don't know what he did! I couldn't tell you what is worng, it could be anything, he could have splinter, he could have been outside in the cold" I do understand that she could not tell me what was wrong, but I was more or less looking for advice and maybe calm me down to tell me he will be fine. So I say "well, I understand that I was just looking for advice, if you think I should bring him to ER" Her response "Well, if you want to sit in the Emergency Room for 12 hours that's up to you!" I'm sorry I interrupted you Dr. Riordon and you are a Dr. on call, not like I made you leave your family to come into the office, what's a phone call!!!! She was the rudest person ever, never ever go to her. Pretty much condescending as well.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

i feel she is unaware of redflags when assessing an infant during routine visits.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2010

Dr. Catherine A. Riordan's Credentials

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1992)