Ratings for Dr. Maurice Valcarenghi

Dr. Valcarenghi was neglectful in my obstetrical care and disrespectful to me. He shows little interest in the actual health of patients and treated me like a heard animal or just a few more hours toward a paycheck. After two months with him supervising my pregnancy and telling me that everything was fine I was Hospitalized with an acute kidney infection which was very close to taking my life or that of my baby. This was a result of a bladder infection that the Dr. knew about but failed to appropriately monitor and treat. He did not show up to my follow-up appointment after my four day stay in the hospital. In my first visit, while discussing rhogam shots, Dr. Val suggested that I was promiscuous and my saying that he did not trust that the father of my baby was who I said it was. He also has no concept of nutrition and places no value on the value of exercise to overall health. His Staff is unfriendly and irresponsible. The receptionist purposely scheduled my ultrasound in in a town two hours away when we have a great facility twenty minutes away in Paradise. After talking to the ultrasound tech at the Paradise facility, I found out that Dr. Val does not refer to them anymore because that tech had informed some unfortunate parents of a fatal birth defect that the doctor had not told them about. His Nurse tried to call me and when I didn't return the call in under 24 hours broke the law by sharing my confidential medical information with my mother. When I confronted the woman, she was very defensive and rude and did not offer so much as an apology. She said that she was going on vacation five days later an was trying to get work stuff out of the way. I don't feel that any woman is safe under the care of Maurice Valcarenghi and would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Dr. is a joke. Not sure if he just thinks women complain alot or what but that is sure how he can make you feel. I would never recommend this doctor to any friends or family.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Dr. Valcarenghi did spend time answering questions for me; however, he had ZERO compassion for my horrendous pain. He seemed to care only about protecting himself and getting his money. He left on vacation without refilling my pain meds at one point (I was in EXTREME pain, and his office provided no alternative but to go elsewhere.) At another time, he made me come all the way over to his office, supposedly to get a refill on my pain meds, so I drove the 1/2 hour distance and paid the exorbitant office visit fee, only to be told that he would not refill my meds. He was EXTREMELY rude to me on more than one occasion, (made me cry just before going into surgery) and he removed my uterus without fully looking into whether it was necessary or not..turns out it was not. I was not happy with this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Dr. Maurice Valcarenghi's Credentials

• Italian

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1979)

Champ Va