Ratings for Dr. Alan Ryley

Thought he was God's gift to surgery. Very poor listening skills, rude to nursing staff, patients, little respect for many of his peers.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Reading the other comments about wait times, I'd like to know why I was patiently waiting for 14 months for a procedure, only to be told that during the wait time, I no longer qualified and my procedure was de-listed from OHIP. And I could pay $2500 now. If a person is line at a cash register, and the cashier closes, the people who are CURRENTLY in line still go through the cash....just sayin'

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

One cool CAT. Knows how to ease the pain of the patient (ME) Recommend any day. Staff are friendly and approachable. If ever you need and upper gi, esophageal motility, you can rely, on Ryley.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

Doctor was rude, arrogant, and cut me off during my explanation of my condition. He disparaged the opinion of the physician who performed a series of tests on me BEFORE he had seen the report or knew who the physician was. His physical exam lasted at most 15 seconds. Had to wait 4 months for a procedure he was to perform, he rescheduled it twice (adding 2 more months of waiting time) then rescheduled it AGAIN, this time adding 4 more months to the wait time. I will be asking my family doctor for a referral to someone else. Someone who cares about and has respect for their patients, neither of which this doctor has shown.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

This physician is extremely arrogant and self-centred.It was his extreme lack of urgency and refusal to listen to patient's concerns, his refusal to acknowlege patient's rapidly deteriorating condition that could have led to the patient's death had we not sought an urgent second opinion. On the advice of our family doctor, we sought a second opinion which led to necessary and much needed surgeries and a long recovery period.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2010

awesome doctor ...like most needs to listen to patient more about time off and how it effects families

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009