Ratings for Dr. Allan Beitel

Stay away from this guy. The following text is directly from the CPSO website. All you have to do is Google his name to see that this isn't the first time he has been under the microscope. I was unfortunate enough to have seen him in the past before I knew about his true nature - the guy is warped. Please - stay away from him at all costs and find someone else to help you. Summary: Allegations of Dr. Beitel's professional misconduct have been referred to the Discipline Committee of the College. It is alleged that Dr. Beitel sexually abused a patient, failed to maintain the standard of practice of the profession and engaged in disgraceful, dishonourable or unprofessional conduct in his care and treatment of this patient. Motion date:September 24, 2013 hearing dates:November 26-28, 2013 Hearing Date(s): November 26-28, 2013

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

He completely changed my perceptions as to myself and everyone around me. Problems I thought weren't ever going to be solvable he's helped me identify and chip away at and dissolve. Incredibly astute and insightful. I have nothing but the highest regard for Dr. Beitel.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

This doctor is the smartest person I have ever known. His insights rarely miss the mark and his compassion is authentic. He has the uncanny ability to reach down deep inside of you and then articulate 'hypothesis' you never could have come up with on your own which melt away obstacles to growth that have plagued you for years. Dr. B. has been immensely helpful to me and I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Beitel by a friend who had benefited from seeing him. I've never met a therapist who is so easy to talk to. I felt comfortable with him right from the beginning. His voice is soft and kind, his manner polite and welcoming. I have been seeing him for over a year and I have to say I am amazed at my progress. Friends and family notice the difference in me so I know it's real. If you get the opportunity to become his patient grab it!.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

Dr. Beitel has helped me turn my life around. I have been seeing him for therapy 5 times per week for several months. He listens well and has excellent insight. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

Client beware!!! http://psychwatch.blogspot.ca/2009/06/update-prosecution-of-psychiatrist-dr.html I'm new to the province and don't have OHIP yet. In a crisis I went to Dr. Allan Beitel for help. He said an assessment would take two sessions; it took five. After each session, I asked for a receipt and everytime, he said he'd have it for me at my next session. After my fifth (final) session, I asked that he e-mail me the receipt to which he asked, "Why?" The worst was he asked to see me five times a week. When I stated I couldn't afford that, he asked, "Do you have any relatives who could help you out financially?" I felt used and betrayed. Save yourself the frustration and find an honest doctor!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012

He gave me a set of tools and an understanding of the way my brains work that I hadn't figured out myself in fifty years

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Hes been awesome for me, and I know Im not the only one

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

I was a patient of his in the late 90's, before his legal and well publicized troubles began. He was dismissive of issues I would bring into therapy, pushed the use of medication heavily. When my parents died suddenly he told me point blank that I was not to seek out counselling from a bereavement counsellor, but did not want to let me expand on my bereavement issues in session. The drug he prescribed for me kept increasing in dosage to the point that I was severely and dangerously overmedicated. When I left his "care" I had to be treated at the Mood Disorders Clinic for 2 years as an outpatient, and they helped me greatly and repaired the damage this man had done. One of the things that should have been a huge red flag for me was when I spoke about sexual abuse as a child; he was quite dismissive and said "well, that happened then, not now". Avoid this man at all costs!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

I specifically asked whether his services were covered under OHIP, and he said yes, but later he told me he charges an "administration fee" of $0-$150/month (although he currently works out of his home and has no assistant). He also had a policy of requiring more than 48 hours' notice ("a few days' notice, if possible") for a cancellation, which was difficult in light of the fact that we had standing appointments twice a week (standard practice for him.)If I were to cancel in less time, he'd bill me $150. This was especially difficult for me as I have a toddler, and children don't give you more than 48 hours' notice when they're sick. When I told him I couldn't do it in this case, he said "Well, maybe he won't get sick." What finally made me leave him was the fact that, although he was completely bald when I first met him at his office, at subsequent appointments, he wore various wigs, which was very distracting and just weird. Because of these misgivings, I stopped seeing him.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010