Ratings for Dr. Pamela J. Paley

When I was facing female cancer, Dr. Paley's name came up over and over from multiple sources. I am so glad I was led to her. She is kind and calm in addition to being a kick-butt, top of her game surgeon. At Overlake, all of the staff could not stop singing her praises and they were correct!!!! I recommend Dr. Paley to any woman facing a gyn cancer issue.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Paley is a kind and compassionate doctor. When I walked into her office I was a bundle of nerves. Her calm and friendly demeanor put me at ease and I felt 1000x better when I left her office. She has a strong reputation as an excellent surgeon, the best in her field, but she is also just a nice, down to earth person who I feel really cares about me as a person.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Have been a patient of Dr. Paley for two years. My robotic surgery went smooth with mininal signs of surgical scars. Dr. Paley is very smart and to the point, gave me great peace of mind before and after my procedure and office staff followed up several times after my surgery to see how I am doing. An excellent surgeon, very well informed. Highly recommend to anyone looking for an expertise in her field.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr Paley is an excellent doctor, very thorough, articulate and bright. She was great at communicating my every option, while helping me better understand my procedure and treatments. I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Paley and her amazing team. I have no reservations about recommending Dr. Paley.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Dr. Paley left me in pain and living on pain pills after a hysterectomy with the robot that hit my ilium causing nerve damage in both legs. I have to come to her office for a pap smear every 6 months for the last 6 yrs. and she has avoided looking at me or showing her face while Amy Morgan does the pap test. Dr. Paley is one of the worst doctors I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I found this doctor very difficult and closed minded. While originally, referred to Dr . Paley and had high hopes for her expertise, in the end she left our family high and dry. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr Pam Paley is a very dangerous doctor. She will put women at health risk when there is no medical reason..

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

I had a very positive experience with Dr. Paley. Dr Paley. She is informative, listened very carefully and responded to every concern I had. She helped me educate myself on all of my concerns and put me at ease every time. She is the best doctor I have ever seen for a multitude of recurring issues and is always professional, and kind. I highly recommend Dr. Paley.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

.If you are a BRCA mutation carrier,[ please be careful. She will perform a hysterectomy even though it is not justified..I went to Dr. Pam Paley scared because I found out I was BRCA2+ positive. She was highly recommended and 'specialized in genetic mutation' surgeries. I was not pleased with the level of 'informed consent' that she gave me. She evaded my questions and basically gave me the 'sales pitch' about risk reduction surgery. She also stated the risk of residual fallopian tube tissue that would be left behind if the uterus was left in and recommended a full hysterectomy or what her and her staff call.."the clean sweep". Afterwards,I realized that her recommendation were not founded. that it was not 'standard of care', i confronted her. She told me I need to see a psychiatrist to see why i can't let go of my uterus....I left her office mad and feeling like I had just talked to a 1950's male gyno reincarnated in a woman's body. She bamboozled me and I was too scared to defend myself..Please be careful. Pam Paley has a 'useless uterus' mentality....

Submitted March 8, 2015

I credit Dr. Paley and her nurse, Katy, as saving my life. I have been treated by the Dr. Paley/Katy team for over 10 years for ovarian cancer and they have never let me down. Dr. Paley is an expert surgeon and cancer doctor and I would recommend her to anyone needing care for a female cancer problem.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

Dr. Pamela J. Paley's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)