Ratings for Dr. Uday R. Poonamallee

The worst mistake of my life was to let this doctor treat me and do surgery on me. I do not care that he has poor communication skills. It was his lack of knowledge and skill that made my condition (incontinence) WORSE. One local anesthetic procedure was painful, expensive, and completely worthless. A second procedure was a general anesthetic surgery and the installation of a device that should have never been used on me. Months of pain followed and he had no explanation. Another, more experienced and more highly skilled doctor was shocked when he examined what Poonamallee had done. A subsequent surgery was needed to correct the harm that Poonamallee did. Good luck to you regarding your urology issues and I suggest that you DO NOT allow Poonamallee to treat you.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

This physician was a dreadful mistake. DO NOT employ this physician. He is VERY unknowledgeable, his techniques are rough and painful, and his equipment is out-dated. After speaking with five of his post-surgery patients in his waiting room, NONE were satisfied with this doctor's services.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

Uday poonamallee performed 3 unnecessary/ unsuccessful surgical procedures on my kidney. After those surgeries and numerous tests an ER doctor told me that my illness had nothing to do with my kidney. The ER Doctor had me in his care for less than 2 hours and was able to discern that my kidney had absolutely nothing to do with my illness. I finally went to an natural doctor who cleared up all symptoms with diet changes. The ER room doctor who clued me into the fact that my kidney was not the problem also told me that if he had followed Poonamallee's instruction to put a tap into my kidney, that procedure would have destroyed the use of my kidney after 3 days. I believe Uday Poonamallee to be dangerous and more concerned about filling his pockets than helping his patients. There is something very wrong with a system that allows the people who are supposed to make you well, make money only when your sick. He made a small fortune while I was left feeling raped and pillaged.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2009

Dr. Uday R. Poonamallee's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)