Ratings for Dr. Allan Ho

Dr ho performed surgery a few days ago. I am still in the healing process, I have just started the healing process and can not say enough good things about the excellent care I received while in day surgery. Dr Ho came to see me before the surgery and went through the procedure again, asked if I had any questions,. He also came to see me after the surgery to see how I was feeling and to explain the results and outcome of the surgery. His professionals my, his compassion for his patient is greatly appreciated. Thank you Dr. ho

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Staff is extremely unresponsive. I sent in several emails and left several messages for the dr to call me back re: feeling so badly I wanted to commit suicide. When he wouldn't respond to my emails, my physician sent him 2 emails and a phone message to which he did not respond to. My vertigo and nausea has been so bad, I've been confined to bed and I am still deaf in one ear. My friend has a colleague who is an ENT and he diagnosed me right away, and informed him that I need to start steroid therapy right away to prevent my hearing loss from becoming permanent. All he's done is written up the requisition form for imaging but I haven't heard anything about an appointment being scheduled, and it's been 3 weeks since I've seen him. I now know that the last review was correct...he waits till your hearing loss is permanent so he can do what he does best....implants. That's where he makes most of his money, implants and surgery. He doesn't make money off of prescribing me steroids. This is despicable as a physician who's oath is to do no harm. He's a very nice doctor, nice bedside manners, but don't let that fool you. His self interest is only his pocket book.

Submitted March 17, 2015

Dr Allan Ho is the most efficient doctor i have ever seen.. Diagnosis was exactly right, and problem corrected..Years and years of seeing different doctors, and now i am finally on the right path of health..I can finally hear...thank you..and the staff are helpful and mindful :) 5 star all the way.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

Dr. Ho and his team are amazing. We were referred to him by another fantastic Dr. And got in with our 18 month old son very quickly. He assessed our son and determined that we need to get in for tests right away. Within a week he had us scheduled in at the Stollery for tests. The test revealed that my son was profoundly deaf. Dr. Ho and the audiologist both took a great deal of time explaining and answering any of the questions that we had. Dr. Ho explain cochlear Implants to us and told us that we would be on a short list to start the process. He said he would email the glen rose hospital that day and we would hear from them in several days. We received the call the next day, and Dr. Ho's office called the day after to confirm. The follow up so far has been amazing and I know it has a lot to do with my sons age, but this man and his team really care. Thank you Dr. Ho for all your help. From two appreciative parents Dallas, Amanda and their son Declan.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I was very impressed with Dr.Ho and his staff. I did have to wait quite a while but it was absolutely worth it. He explained all my treatment options, and never pushed surgery as the preferred option. Very kind and knowledgeable doctor with wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

My daughter had an appointment with Dr. Ho today and we were both very impressed. He was thorough, kind and took the time to explain and answer any questions we had. He also made a point of talking TO my 16 year old instead of talking at her or about her like she wasn't there. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Dr. Allan Ho has been my ear specialist for the past 3 years. I have had many years of chronic ear problems and surgeries. Dr. Ho has performed two surgeries on me. He is a very professional, brilliant and compassionate doctor. He has done for me exactly what he has said. Always taking the time to explain and making me feel comfortable with his procedures. Dr. Ho has repaired an ear drum for me and installed a BAHA and both have been wonderful in helping me towards a life with better hearing. Thank you Dr. Ho. Please stay in Alberta, we are lucky to have such a skilled surgeon in our province!!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. Allan Ho is professional, courteous and friendly. Most importantly, he is thorough in his examination and has a relaxed, informative manner. I left his office with a diagnosis and his treatment is working. I recommend him without the slightest reservation.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

Dr. Ho saw my child for CI. He was more excited about doing surgery than worrying about if it would help my child. He provided no follow-up. I found out later that the surgery didn't go well, and he didn't even tell me. Dr. Ho should not work with kids.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

It was a waste of time seeing Dr. Ho. It took over 10-months to get my appointment. I have hearing loss and was interested in the bone anchored hearing aid. Dr. Ho was eager to test me to see if this surgery will improve my hearing. The test didn't provide me with any significant improvement in my hearing. So he said bone anchored hearing aid is not for me and walked out without even saying goodbye. It seems like I was wasting his time. All he's interested in is to perform surgery on his patients for money.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013