Ratings for Dr. Adriana Mocanu

My daughter had a badly sprained ankle with big swelling, painful to apply any pressure, and visible bruising. Not only she didn't order x-ray to rule out bone fractures, she didn't even apply taping to the ankle which should be important in the early stage of treating sprained ankle. Half hour later, with second opinion from another doctor in different clinic, not only x-ray was ordered, ankle is taped, we were told to get air-boot to help stabilizing the ankle. Really can't recommend such an irresponsible doctor to anyone, and best advice we can give is if you happen to see this doctor, you might want to find another doctor for second opinion.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Every time I saw her, she was very patient and listened to ALL my health concerns. She is one of the few doctors in Edmonton you don't feel rushed with, that's for sure! She is extremely knowledgeable, respectful and communicative. She explains everything to you before you leave her office and also answers all your questions. Where she is unsure, she will send you to see a GOOD specialist. She won't stop till you get your health problem solved! Her staff is very gentle and comforting as well. You can see they all care about their patients and it is not "just a job" they are performing. I would recommend dr Mocanu to anyone; it is a surprise to read bad reviews about this wonderful doctor, but I guess anyone can have a bad day and I don't believe there's a doctor in this world who hasn't misdiagnosed a patient ever!!! From my own experience (I have seen a lot of doctors throughout my life, unfortunately) I can say dr Mocanu is one of the best doctors I have met so far.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

She is very quiet and professional. She listens to what you say and makes sure she's addressed every concern before you leave. She waits for YOU to say when it's time to go, I did not feel rushed during my appointments. Test-wise she seems to know what she's doing (which is definitely a good thing!) and she's easy to get a quick appointment in.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

She is rude and flustered. She is hardly available abs she makes you feel guilty that you are sick : if you ask her to do paperwork she thinks its an inconvenience

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

Helped diagnose my endometrosis, when no other Dr. would listen to me. It turned out I was stage 4 and had much scar tissue and damage because it had taken so long to diagnose. She is my hero. Patient, gentle and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

She's a very gentle and very good doctor, I'd recommend to anyone.She is very helpfull and explains everything.Very nice to have her at our clinic.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

I am not sure what the people before me were talking about- but I suppose everyone has a bad day once in a while- even doctors. Dr. Mocanu was extremely helpful, professional, and thorough during my physical. She is also doctor to the rest of my family. She offered amazing advice. I felt very comfortable with her and have recommended her to other people. She was straight forward, yet gentle and answered all my questions. She is a great addition to the Beaumont area!!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2009

I saw Dr. Mocanu at a clinic in Edmonton for an emergency, since my long-time family dr. could not accommodate an emergency appointment for me and my son that day. Dr. Mocanu treated me with the care and professionalism I expected. Her diagnostic, treatment and recommendations were very helpful and I will certainly seek her again when and if necessary.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

I went to Dr. Mocanu out of desperation as I had developed a rash all over my body that resembled ringworm. I work with the public so I had been off work since this developed. She touched one of the lesions and then put her hand to her mouth and told me it was in fact ringworm - and even worse that I was okay to continue working with the public and no one would catch it (which I did not do)!! It was confirmed By Dr.Corrigan (who also works in this clinic) that it was not ringworm and was in fact pityriasis rosacea (non-contagious and goes away without treatment). Dr. Corrigan explained everything to me and the rash acted exactly as he described and was gone in 2 weeks. I would never trust Dr. Mocanu, as if she was unsure if this was ringworm, then she should have advised me not to work with the public.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2009

Very poor clinic as well as doctor. The worst doctor I ever seen. Doctor does not listen to patient and after complaining lies that it was never said. Her stuff is not very helpful in passing information. Uses treatments that do not agree with the patient.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2009