Ratings for Dr. Vernon K. Liu

My husband has only been seeing this doctor for a few months. When he saw him a couple of weeks ago he was having trouble breathing. The doctor told him it was probably stress and anxiety and prescribed Ativan and also an antibiotic just in case it might be walking pneumonia.To make sure there wasn't something else going on, he sent my husband for a chest xray. The next day my husband was called and told that his xray looked ok. it was a wednesday we saw the doctor and then saturday afternoon I had to take my husband to the ER as his breathing had gotten worse. Another xray was taken plus a special CT Scan with contrast dye and a lot of blood work. After more than 3 hours of waiting and not knowing, my husband is finally told that his heart is enlarged and he has congestive heart failure. I had specifically asked the doctor on wednesday if all this could be heart related but was told, "no, I don't think so." I am very disillusioned by doctors.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2009

Very positive experience. He's very knowledgeable, kind and caring. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

Dr. Vernon K. Liu's Credentials

• Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Sch Of Med, Lubbock Tx 79430 (Grad. 1985)