You may also like

My experience with Dr. Burke was excellent, he took the time to explain my sight issues and used excellent diagnostic equipment. I always had problems adjusting to new glasses with my previous Optometrist, but it only took a day to adjust to new lenses from Br Burke. He also told me my old glasses were the wrong prescription and the lenses had "crazed" (spider cracked) which I did not know. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I fully recommend this doctor and will return again when required.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

Staff were helpful enough and Dr Burke was friendly, but informed me he didn't have time to help me do anything about my issues with meibomian grand dysfunction, that I should merely rub my eyes with warm water a couple of time a day. I have since found out my condition is much more serious and am receiving treatment. I also waited approximately 30 minutes past appointment time on the two occasions I visited him. However it would seem that most patients have a far better experience with this doctor than I.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I found Dr. Burke when I searched for a good optometrist on this website. Before I saw him, I doubted a little bit about those great comments on him. But when he started to check my daughter’s eyes, his knowledge, thoroughness, patience and loving with kids were all proved to be true. I would highly recommend Dr. Burke for the following reasons: 1) He uses the high-tech equipment to examine the eyes, the result can speak itself. It helps him identify the problems of the eyes. Thanks to this technology, we found out that the prescription made by the previous optometrist is not accurate. It is understandable that when kids are tired after 10-15 minutes examination, it is hard for them to answer the questions like “which one is better ?”, “1 or 2 ?”. So, the prescription made in the traditional way is not much reliable. That’s why I think this technology is more suitable for the young kids. 2) He is very kind and patient with kids. He knows how to deal with those active young patients. Even though it was our first visit, my 5 years old girl likes him right away. 3) He is very knowledgeable and willing to explain why it happened, how it was developed, how to cure it and what we can do at home. You can tell through the conversation that he keeps himself updated with the latest research and study in the field. That is another reason we like him. 4) He is not in rush like other doctors. He is so patient to answer all of my questions. I have highly recommended him to others who need a good optometrist and I will continue to take my girl to visit him for the follow up.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Hi. My 4 years old daughter had her eye check up, and I want to say that our first experience with Dr. Burke was very good, it wasn't a second when I would feel it is time to go, I asked as many questions as I had and he answered so well on them. I really liked the fact that he gave me his own vision and opinion to what I should do and how I should help my child. He didn't try to prescribe me right away a pair of glasses from his clinic to my child which previous optometrist really tried to without too many reasons for it. Summary: knowledgable, kind thoughtful and lovely with kids, honest. I would recommend him!

Submitted October 24, 2014

Dr Burke is he best optometrist in Calgary. He understand the interrelationship between eyes and total health. He is kind, thorough, listens and follows up. His equipment is state if the art and he takes time to explain things. He notices things before they become bigger issues and partners with the patient. Every one of these referrals resonates and is consistent. You will not be disappointed!! I have medical conditions which manifested with vision issues originally. We caught things in time.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

As the other reviewers have said, you can not go wrong seeing Dr Burke. He is by far not only the Best Optometrist my family has seen but surely one of the best Dr's in general. After many years and many Eye Dr's not listening or taking the time to look into an issue my wife has Dr Burke finally did he solved the mystery along with provided the solution. He took all the time necessary and did not just run us through the steps and send us on our way. Look no further, book yourself to see him.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

The best Optometrist in Calgary. As a prolific user of tripadvisor, I have deployed the same strategy to help me choose my medical professionals - extremely, extremely pleases with Dr. Burke. As an added bonus, I discovered that they carry Oliver Peoples (very difficult to find).

flag | Submitted December 22, 2013

I recently had some issues with my eyes and went to see Dr. Burke, and I was so glad I did. He is so knowledgable and took the time to explain what was going on and didn't just prescribe another eye drop which is what happened two times before when I had seen my family doctor. If you have issues with your eye, I highly recommend you see this eye specialist because he knows what he is doing and will take the time to explain it to you.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

After reading the comments below, I had high expectations, and I'm thrilled to report that Dr Burke exceeded all of them!! He was very helpful and genuine, I'm sooo pleased.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Wish I knew of Rob a decade ago. Been wearing wrong prescription for years, can see better and less headaches. His 3d modelling is essential; I wouldn't bother with any other optometrist who didn't have this type of equipment. Taking my whole family back.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Dr. Robert Burke's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Burke was excellent, he took the time to explain my sight issues and used excellent diagnostic equipment. I always had problems adjusting..."

August 16, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.calgaryvisioncentre.com" to "http://www.calgaryvisioncentre.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T2P 3C5". Address has been updated from "None" to "401 9 Avenue Southwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032370505".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Staff were helpful enough and Dr Burke was friendly, but informed me he didn't have time to help me do anything about my issues with meibomian grand dysfunction..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Burke when I searched for a good optometrist on this website. Before I saw him, I doubted a little bit about those great comments on him. But when..."

November 7, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Hi. My 4 years old daughter had her eye check up, and I want to say that our first experience with Dr. Burke was very good, it wasn't a second when I would feel..."

October 24, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

January 3, 2013