Ratings for Dr. Steven Stark

Took two appointments to analyze my feet,. Diagnosed arthritis without X-rays. Made casts to make orthotics. Insoles were too long, not wide enough, and didn't support my arch. They would not fit into shoes three sizes larger than what I wear. An expensive waste of time.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Pushes his orthotics on anybody and everybody whether you need them or not. Just a greedy money grag.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. stark is absolutely brilliant at what he does. He has an incredible knowledge base and is an excellent teacher. He takes the time to explain every aspect of your foot issues using diagrams and a little skeletal foot so you can understand exactly what is going on. I have had at 3 sets of orthotics from him with excellent results each time. For a previous commenter who said he was greedy requiring two visits, you should be aware that the changes to extended health care benefits, which he does not control, now require a separate visit for the consultation and casting. For those who think he is expensive, well you get what you pay for. You could call and ask for prices before you book an appointment. For the commenter who complained he didn't learn anything new, well lucky you your feet never changed. Sure he might repeat what he told you at your last visit but how many of us really remember every word a doctor says??? Arrogant...no I don't think so, just a doctor who is passionate about what is does and enjoys his work immensely.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I'm 38 and started seeing Dr. Stark when I was 12 as a competitive figure skater. His orthodics allowed me to continue skating and not have to retire. Later in life his orthodics allowed me to take up running. If I deviate from wearing my orthodics and not stretch properly injury seems to happen. I'm very thankful for his prevenative mindset, our medical system isn't geared toward this kind of care, he truly is a special and considerate medical pioneer!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Stark is good at what he does; however, he seems a little greedy to me. I've had orthotics from him in the past, and recently I travelled from quite a distance (outside the Lower Mainland) to see him again. During the hour-long appointment, he repeated the information that he gave me previously. I did not learn anything new, and I did not get a prescription. All I received was a $100 bill for a consultation that was not informative or helpful to me. I was told that I would have to come back to receive a prescription or orthotics. I will have to take time off work and travel quite a distance in order to do this, so it adds considerably to the cost of my orthotics. If you make an appointment with Dr. Stark, make sure that you will get what you need from your expensive consulation (i.e., a prescription or orthotics).

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

This is now the third pair of orthotics I have got from Dr. Stark. I suffered from very painful knee joints and from sore hips. Once I started wearing the orthotics and doing the stretching he recommended, the pain went away in about 6 weeks. I couldn't believe how much these helped me. I am on my feet all day as a teacher and now suffer no pain at all.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

Unique practical knowledge of biomechanics. Yes, the orthotics are expensive, but they are a non-invasive joint saver and have allowed me to work comfortably on concrete for 12+ hours per day at a physical job. I tried to get orthotics from another podiatrist in my area and he completely didn't understand the concept of a preventative device and claimed I had no "problems," as I am 30 and completely healthy. After wearing these orthotics, I believe Dr. Stark when he says that poor orthotics are a leading cause of joint replacements, they were terrible. In my opinion, 5-8 years of happy joints and active lifestyle were well worth my 6-hour drive and $700. Dr. Stark was engaging and professional and more than answered all of my questions. He does not have a gushing bedside manner, which could be taken for arrogance, but his unique skills and knowledge and prevention-based approach more than make up for this. I have no idea what I will do when he retires.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

Saw Dr. Stark and he did an assessment of my feet. He was very knowledgeable but arrogant as was pointed out. He suggested that I get orthotics but when I asked for a prescription so that I can get orthotics from another provider, he refused, claiming that he made no diagnosis during the assessment (which costed $100)! So if I want othothics, I have to pay him $600 which is much more than what I can get elsewhere. I rather wait another year for my insurance to renew to see another podiatrist to get orthotics than to get it from Dr. Stark. I would not recommend him; it's a complete rip-off!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

Dr. Stark was very helpful and seemed very knowledgeable. He spent extra time with me and didn't seem to mind going over things twice if I didn't quite understand. I found him very organized and liked how he approached my problem.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Finally a doctor who's on time. His staff was professional and handled all my insurance paperwork for free and without asking - that's a first! Dr. Stark is a encylopedia of information. He really made my family understand why we're all having similar and different issues foot issues. I finally understand why my old arch supports are hurting me. Dr. Starks orthotics have made a huge difference and my knee pain is gone. We're all back to hiking as a family1 Thanks Dr. Stark

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011