Ratings for Dr. Peter M. Grossi

I am deaf. I have Neurofibromatosis II, which was found when I was 13. Dr. Grossi was the first NS I've ever had that took all the time I needed to answer my questions and not feel rushed. He also was the first that finally told me the full extent of my brain tumors. Wish I found him sooner!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Found Dr. Grossi by searching "No. 1 rated and Top Rated Neurosurgeon in NC! He didn't disappoint. His Dx was immediate and correct. I'd been to Orthpaedic surgeons and one very rude Raleigh Neurosurgeon previously. None of them were even willing to listen to my complaints of four years of relentless pain. Dr. Grossi gave me a plan for surgery and I immediately felt this was "the man"! My surgery was done and I'm presently in outpatient therapy. I have no doubt that my problem will eventually be incredibly less thanks to his skills! If you need a Neurosurgeon...this is the one you must see. From the front desk, to his Asistant Chris, and his sweet PA, Anne, all staff are wonderfully kind!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr Grossi is amazing. He is smart and compassionate. I would put my life in his hands again and couldn't be happier

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Dr. Grossi is an amazing surgeon. He is an excellent communicator who employs conservative measures when possible. He has successfully operated on my back twice due to ruptured discs and severe nerve pain. I trust him completely with my care. If you are searching for a talented neurosurgeon with experience, good judgment, and compassion, Dr. Grossi is an outstanding choice! His expertise is worth any wait time, in my opinion.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

Dr. Grossi is confidant and assured. Two great qualities you want in your doctor. I believe he strives for excellence and generally attains it. I would whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Grossi. I had a lumbar 5/sacral anterior lumbar interbody fusion and posterior fusion on a Monday morning, and came home on Wednesday afternoon. My husband is amazed at how quickly I am recovering. Dr. Grossi is outstanding!

Submitted March 25, 2017

Dr. Grossi performed a discectomy and multi-vertebral fusion and the results were outstanding. He did a great job answering my questions and setting realistic recovery expectations. Recovery went better than expected and pre-surgery symptoms are completely alleviated. My only complaint is that for my two office appointments I waited 45 minutes and 1 hour 15 minutes past my scheduled appointment time before the appointment began.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Great surgeon. I can now function almost all things. 2 other so called "doctors" said that I could not be helped

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I put off having back surgery for almost 15 years, mostly due to the horror stories I heard and read about the recovery and the general lack of helpfulness in relieving the underlying pain. However, I finally arrived at a point where not having surgery was no longer an option. Thank goodness I found Dr. Peter Grossi. He is a very skilled surgeon and he performs surgery using current, minimally invasive techniques. The numbness, tingling, burning pain I had my legs (predominately left) were immediately relieved post surgery. I'm now 5 weeks into my recovery and feeling fine. Dr. Grossi spent time with me to explain the problem, process, and prognosis. He listens well and truly cares about his patients. His staff is top notch and they also provide excellent care and attentiveness. I don't wish the need for spinal surgery on anyone. However, if you need it and want the best, I highly recommend Dr. Peter Grossi.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I had emergency surgery last month for Acute Subdural Hematoma by Dr. Grossi and I am now 5 weeks post op and doing great. Dr. Grossi had a lot of very serious obstacles to get around before taking me to surgery, but, in the end he made all the right choices for me. He is a very gifted and compassionate surgeon who really cares about his patients before and after surgery. Not knowing anything about him before my family was scared, but he proved to be the best . I owe my life to him because this could have had a very different outcome. Dr.Grossi is my Angel , thank you again for giving me my life back.

Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr Grossi has an excellent reputation. I wanted only the best to do my lumbar fusion surgery. I am six weeks post op now and feeling great. I couldn't have had a better experience.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr. Peter M. Grossi's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)