Ratings for Dr. Peter M. Grossi

Dr. Grossi is an amazing surgeon. He is an excellent communicator who employs conservative measures when possible. He has successfully operated on my back twice due to ruptured discs and severe nerve pain. I trust him completely with my care. If you are searching for a talented neurosurgeon with experience, good judgment, and compassion, Dr. Grossi is an outstanding choice! His expertise is worth any wait time, in my opinion.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

Dr. Grossi is confidant and assured. Two great qualities you want in your doctor. I believe he strives for excellence and generally attains it. I would whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Grossi. I had a lumbar 5/sacral anterior lumbar interbody fusion and posterior fusion on a Monday morning, and came home on Wednesday afternoon. My husband is amazed at how quickly I am recovering. Dr. Grossi is outstanding!

Submitted March 25, 2017

Dr. Grossi performed a discectomy and multi-vertebral fusion and the results were outstanding. He did a great job answering my questions and setting realistic recovery expectations. Recovery went better than expected and pre-surgery symptoms are completely alleviated. My only complaint is that for my two office appointments I waited 45 minutes and 1 hour 15 minutes past my scheduled appointment time before the appointment began.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Great surgeon. I can now function almost all things. 2 other so called "doctors" said that I could not be helped

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I put off having back surgery for almost 15 years, mostly due to the horror stories I heard and read about the recovery and the general lack of helpfulness in relieving the underlying pain. However, I finally arrived at a point where not having surgery was no longer an option. Thank goodness I found Dr. Peter Grossi. He is a very skilled surgeon and he performs surgery using current, minimally invasive techniques. The numbness, tingling, burning pain I had my legs (predominately left) were immediately relieved post surgery. I'm now 5 weeks into my recovery and feeling fine. Dr. Grossi spent time with me to explain the problem, process, and prognosis. He listens well and truly cares about his patients. His staff is top notch and they also provide excellent care and attentiveness. I don't wish the need for spinal surgery on anyone. However, if you need it and want the best, I highly recommend Dr. Peter Grossi.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I had emergency surgery last month for Acute Subdural Hematoma by Dr. Grossi and I am now 5 weeks post op and doing great. Dr. Grossi had a lot of very serious obstacles to get around before taking me to surgery, but, in the end he made all the right choices for me. He is a very gifted and compassionate surgeon who really cares about his patients before and after surgery. Not knowing anything about him before my family was scared, but he proved to be the best . I owe my life to him because this could have had a very different outcome. Dr.Grossi is my Angel , thank you again for giving me my life back.

Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr Grossi has an excellent reputation. I wanted only the best to do my lumbar fusion surgery. I am six weeks post op now and feeling great. I couldn't have had a better experience.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Grossi by a friend who is a nurse at Duke Raleigh. Although I already had visited another neurosurgeon, she insisted that I schedule an appointment with him. My husband and I were so impressed with his knowledge regarding the latest treatment plans for my neck pain. Dr. Grossi took quite a bit of time to explain the surgery procedure and to answer questions. I am most pleased that my pain level has gone from a 7 to 10 to a zero!

Submitted June 29, 2016

Had ACDF surgery March 2, 2016. Played 9 holes of golf 6 weeks, + 1 day later! NO PAIN, NO RESTRICTION! Dr. Grossi correctly diagnosed my issue upon a referral visit; spent well over an hour explaining the diagnosis, the prescribed treatment, and the prognosis. Dr. Grossi was very diligent and detailed throughout the whole process. He and his staff prepared me thoroughly from A to Z. Not only was the surgery successful, the care and follow up by Dr. Grossi and his staff was exceptional. I have recommended Dr. Grossi to 3 friends, one who has already made his first visit and was impressed by the attention he received from the staff. Thank you Dr. Grossi for giving me a big part of my life back --PAIN FREE!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Had fusion surgery in September 2015. Can't believe I put this off for so many years. I have a new life- no longer sleep with a heating pad! Dr. Grossi spends time with you....explains everything very well, answers any question and addresses all your concerns. Great staff in the office,. A wonderful P.A.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Dr. Peter M. Grossi's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)