Ratings for Dr. Christopher D. Sarzen

I owe doctor Sarzen my life. He was the first doctor to diagnose my end stage liver disease and did not sugar coat it. He was direct and said if I did not make major changes in my life I would be gone in several years. I was shocked and was not sure I liked him being so blunt. I realized that is what I needed , most doctors would just say let's keep a eye on things. The Dr. Referred me to a transplant center, I went and they said I needed a new liver, I had three tumors that I would have never known about. I now have a new liver and a second chance at life. I am so grateful that I was referred to Dr Sarzen, he saved my life! Yes he ran many blood test and yes I had numerous visits , he ruled out every thing so we knew what I was dealing with. He put me on a no/low sodium diet while I waited for my liver. Today I was told the chemo I was receiving prior to my liver transplant wiped out all the tumors, cancer free as well. Thank you Dr Sarzen, you where the best money I ever invested.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

He is unprofessional and does not listen. They were supposed to get a CT scan of my stomach from hospital but got one of my head - he walked out on me when asking questions about a colonoscopy. I was appalled and would not ever visit this man again.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

flag | Submitted March 11, 2012

Unprofessional & uncaring. After a very short and uninformative office visit, I was directed to Dr. Sarzen's procedure scheduler. He refused to answer the one question that I asked. He spent more time explaining that he had to go to the next appointment than it would have taken to answer the question. I am so thankful that I did not continue with any medical care with Dr. Sarzen. It certainly appeared to me that all he was interested in was scheduling diagnostic procedures so he could bill the insurance company. I absoulutely would not recommend to anyone. There are too many doctors that care about their patients. Certainly, Dr. Sarzen is not one of them.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Not helpful at all. Used a facility for endoscopy where money was stolen from me while I was under anesthesia. So bad I never went back for the follow up and changed to another dr.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

Dr. Sarzen isn't exactly an outgoing individual; I find him dry and difficult warm up to. The subjects discussed with this kind of profession require a doctor that instills confidence. I find he cuts you off mid-sentence, listens to half of your explanation then says he'll be right back, goes to his office to have his session dictated then returns to usher you out of his office and on to his staff who provide even less information, but schedule a procedure you don't understand and give you a sheet of fifth generation photo-copied directions to a facility you'll never find. I don't feel like he really cares about my problems. It's hard for me to leave my house. Just coming to his office is hard enough and he can't even give me enough professional courtesy to allow me to finish my sentence. Mr. Sarzen thinks too highly of himself to waste any time in the presence of his customers.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2009

Dr. Christopher D. Sarzen's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)