Ratings for Dr. Ulrike Koechling

Has way to many personal issues herself.........................................................

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Dr. Koechling is an amazing professional, and an amazing human being. I first saw her when struggling with suicidal ideation because of severe chronic pain. Because of her, my family did not lose me, and she has helped me learn to manage both the pain, with a wide range of cognitive, behavior and creative therapies, and to manage the depression, stress and anxiety that accompanies severe life long pain. I cannot speak highly enough of this compassionate, caring, consummate professional. I know that she has a background in research, that she is constantly working to stay up to date with new research, and that she does a great deal of pro bono work for people in need. This doctor is the absolute top of her field! I would recommend her to anyone struggling with the challenges of pain and disability with absolutely no caveats. I am so grateful that I found her.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

My friend sees Dr Koechling twice weekly and has for five years. She always calls and checks to see how my friend is if she has a difficult session or just to check in. She made house calls when my friend was unable to leave the house and seems to give helpful advice. I am not 100% convinced that she is coaching my friend to be as independent as possible or to see themselves as anything other than a victum. This particular friend sees them self as throughly independent but had created a life that is dependent upon the therapy and is in what seems to be a state of arrested development. As this is a very good paying client for her I am somewhat concerned my friend is not getting the coaching she needs but I also understand that the patient is the only one that can make real sustainable changes. I wish them both well and hope Dr Korchling can help her.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

Rike changed me from being someone who was depressed and hated life, to someone who was optimistic and a problem-solver. I trust her advice, and I like how she focuses on techniques to deal with the present - some psychologists only deal with the past.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Dr. Rike is amazing! I have been seeing her weekly for 10 months. She is very well educated and has completed cognitive research internationally. She is well worth her hourly rate, although I am aware that she has discounted and sometimes free rates under extraordinary circumstances. A phenominal mentor, she is straight forward,an excellent listener, and is never pushy. Rather than tell you what you "should" do, she provides the tools necessary to hwlp you make the appropriate decisions. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Saw her a couple of times. Very punctual. We spent 1/2 hour of the first appointment filling out and discussing legal forms, which was very intimidating. She provided practical advice and listened well. My insurance company is not covering her costs because they are "not reasonable and customary" according to other practitioners in the same area. In my opinion, her fees are just too high. I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2009