You may also like

Rate Dr. Sujana Kumar

Dr. Sujana Kumar's Ratings

After repeated jumps in my TSH and repeated jumps in dosage of synthroid she said that if my kidney function came back normal she would finally, after 8 months of requesting, try Armour.
Kidney function came back normal and she said "just one more blood test" and will not put me on Armour, even to try. The worst patient care I've had in a very long time. Bring a friend to appointments and get things in writing. She said she would do it in our last appointment, and that she would keep her word. Doesn't work like a specialist. I got no further with her than a regular GP over the last 8 months. Are you scared it will work, Kumar? Doesn't deserve the $ she's paid. At all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2015

For 8 months she's upped my dose. My TSH levels are the highest they have ever been. She will not even try armour. The administration at women's college hospital is horrible with different checkout secretaries every time ( you will see between 3-4 at each visit at 3 different stations). Have not faxed look test results to referring GP in 7 months. Do not follow up with requests in a timely manner. Finally checked my kidney function last week. Cookie cutter type service. Very poor. Oh and expect to wait between 30 min and 2.5 hours for an appointment. That is how behind she is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2889867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2015

I pray every day that I can get in with Dr. Direnfeld in Scarborough. Women's College has too many secretaries. Kumar will not consider diet. She will not consider Armor (even for a trial). She keeps upping the dose of synthroid even though it is doing nothing, at time it appears to be making it worse. There's no way I feel able to tell ask her about the studies that show a link between 15+ years of synthroid use and increased risk of breast cancer. She'll say exactly what she does now. There's no evidence. The only stable evidence in synthroid. "If you use Armor I can't tell if it's killing your thyroid." How can you tell with synthroid I asked? "I can." People who rate doctors shouldn't just be bought off by supposedly being kind. I leave feeling totally not taken care of everything time. Let's just keep upping the dose Kumar. How far do you want to go with this? Is that really all you are trained to do? Is there nothing more holistic? She explains not much at all. And she presumes she knows my body better than me. Which she doesn't.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2812561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Doctors only know what they learn in school. Had to give an ultimatum before she would put me on dessicated thyroid, after which my symptoms disappeared. Also does not do reverse t3 or anti-tpo, ab, or ferritin, when ordering labs. THESE ARE ESSENTIAL. She is nice, but like most doctors, looks at numbers and is missing a big piece of the picture.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2674525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

The doctor is helpful, understanding and excellent

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

She tries to be helpful but does not appear to like to be challenged. When I questioned the validity of my results she became dismissive and started to lose her composure. She may be good if your case is simple but if it is complex then that's another story.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2592661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Dr. Kumar is exceptionally kind, and always respectfully answers my questions and concerns. She goes out of her way to make sure I have the best care possible, and I have heard the same thing from my friends who are patients of hers! I feel really lucky to have her as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Dr. Kumar is always late for her appointments and she really poor with providing follow-up care for her patients. She is nice, but doesn't seem like she truly cares for her patients. She treats you like a number, unless you go with questions and engage her. You have to do your own research.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][418912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2014

She is kind, knowledgeable explains everything and goes the distance for her patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][418911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

Dr. Kumar is an absolutely exceptional doctor. Never in my 40 years have I had a doctor so patient, kind, and knowledgable. Her compassion , empathy, and willingness to just listen amazed me. Upon my first consult with her I realized that all these previous reviews were bang on the buck and more. After dealing with an array of scary symptoms for a year and a half and after seeing many doctors, I waked out if her examining room for the first time in 18 months with hope. She truly listens and is interested in the answers to the questions she takes the time to ask. I look forward to seeing her again for results and know that she will provide only the best care possible. It is a shame that other doctors can't be half as kind as her. She is definitely in the right field. We need more Dr.Kumar's in this world.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][418910].votes_count ]]