Ratings for Dr. Sujana Kumar

Dr. Kumar has been my endocrinologist for 5 years. She is such a genuinely nice person, great bedside manner, and extremely thorough and knowledgeable. I am very happy to have been referred to her!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I have had this doctor for some years.She is the best doctor one would ever get. She is very knowledgable.she will go out of way to help you. She isvery through in her assessments.I am lucky to have her as my endocrinologist

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Awesome doctor! Kind and caring. Goes out of her way for her patients. Explains everything in clear terms. Knowledgeable and thorough.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

She is not accessible to patients on an emergency basis, which is a problem for me. I have had pelvic pain for months and my urologist ran some tests including a pelvic ultrasound which showed ovarian masses and fibroids in my uterus (I have PCOD). She treats my PCOD. My appointment was not until March 2016 and I requested an earlier appointment and it was denied. She reviewed the test results and deemed the matter to not be serious enough to warrant an earlier appointment. Meanwhile I was bleeding, in pain, and upset and needed some answers. Anyway she is no longer my endo and I have a new one who makes time for her patients and who does not dismiss them. I referred the problem to WCH's patient relations and they did nothing. Disgusting hospital.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I pray every day that I can get in with Dr. Direnfeld in Scarborough. Women's College has too many secretaries. Kumar will not consider diet. She will not consider Armor (even for a trial). She keeps upping the dose of synthroid even though it is doing nothing, at time it appears to be making it worse. There's no way I feel able to tell ask her about the studies that show a link between 15+ years of synthroid use and increased risk of breast cancer. She'll say exactly what she does now. There's no evidence. The only stable evidence in synthroid. "If you use Armor I can't tell if it's killing your thyroid." How can you tell with synthroid I asked? "I can." People who rate doctors shouldn't just be bought off by supposedly being kind. I leave feeling totally not taken care of everything time. Let's just keep upping the dose Kumar. How far do you want to go with this? Is that really all you are trained to do? Is there nothing more holistic? She explains not much at all. And she presumes she knows my body better than me. Which she doesn't.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Doctors only know what they learn in school. Had to give an ultimatum before she would put me on dessicated thyroid, after which my symptoms disappeared. Also does not do reverse t3 or anti-tpo, ab, or ferritin, when ordering labs. THESE ARE ESSENTIAL. She is nice, but like most doctors, looks at numbers and is missing a big piece of the picture.

Submitted January 7, 2015

The doctor is helpful, understanding and excellent

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

She tries to be helpful but does not appear to like to be challenged. When I questioned the validity of my results she became dismissive and started to lose her composure. She may be good if your case is simple but if it is complex then that's another story.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Dr. Kumar is exceptionally kind, and always respectfully answers my questions and concerns. She goes out of her way to make sure I have the best care possible, and I have heard the same thing from my friends who are patients of hers! I feel really lucky to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Dr. Kumar is always late for her appointments and she really poor with providing follow-up care for her patients. She is nice, but doesn't seem like she truly cares for her patients. She treats you like a number, unless you go with questions and engage her. You have to do your own research.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014