Ratings for Dr. Christine G. Gourin

Outstanding surgeon! The incision for parotid gland tumor was in hairline and totally undetectable. Dr Gourin has excellent skills and compassion.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

The worst Dr and staff-Alice David.Never calls back and doesn't even upload your MRI.Both of them act like u r bothering them. Doesn't take notice of ur records or wanting them to get back to u-worst experience-I can't imagine them following up with any complications or aftercare from surgery.Do not see her-u will regret it

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I have had a nightmare with Dr. Gourin and her scheduler, Alice. Alice never gives her messages and Dr. Gourin does not follow thru with films from MRI's. She leaves you hanging and her office staff is terrible. Alice comes off that she doesn't carem and doesn't even collect the mail for Dr. Gourin. She told me I was bothering her and I have no confidence in Dr. Gourin to do my surgery. They just treat you terribly. I would never go to Johns Hopkins because I have heard this about 5 other departments there.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

CT scan showed mass on my left parodit gland. I deciided to be proactive with this possible cancer and called, Johns Hopkins ENT made an appointment for that same week, followed up with an MRI and a needle biopsy which showed B cell lymphoma then DR Gourin performed surgery to remove tumor,parodit gland and a lymphnode for further biopsy to determine the exact type of B cell lymphoma I have so the oncologist can ascertain the proper treatment program. I found Dr.Gourin and her staff to be courteous , prompt, caring,helpful , and very knowledgeable .My family and I very highly recommend Dr. Gourin

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Dr. seemed knowledgable at first, after first complication she cut all ties, left me with no follow up appts., no records or returned phone calls. While battling cancer I was left to find a new Dr without any records as to what she had already done. Her staff will not cooperate with SS, so I had to fight for disability. I would not recommend this "Dr" to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Dr. Gourin is so skilled in her abilities it is absolutely amazing! She is a very straight forward and down to earth person as well as a wonderful surgeon. Her years of experience in her specialty of head and neck cancer just astounded me and my family. We were all blown away by her experience and how helpful her office was in getting a consult the very next day!! Love her and will forever be thankful!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

BEST, BEST, BEST !!! This is the doctor you want to see for ANY ENT issue. Wonderful bedside manner. Knows her stuff. She saved my husbands life. Diagnosed with Tongue cancer in 2009 we chose to go to Hopkins - What a God send. Excellent surgeon. Called us at home, kept us informed of everything. Very serious in the beginning, but once we got to know her......If I needed surgery in the head or neck area - Hopkins and Dr. Christine Gourin is where you want to be !!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Doctor seemed very knowledgeable, but when it comes to getting a return phone call on the results, they don't do very well. It has been over 3 weeks and I am still waiting on the biopsy results which make a difference in the cure rate of my cancer.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Dr. Gourin was highly recommended to me for her surgical skill and expertise, and I also found her very compassionate and caring. Dr. Gourin has contributed greatly to my quality of life, and she is held in highest esteem by my family. I can't thank her enough.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

Dr. Gourin is wonderful. She always takes time to listen to me and does a thorough exam. She is a caring and compassionate doctor in addition to being highly skilled. Worth the trip.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Dr. Christine G. Gourin's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal