Ratings for Dr. Julie Lacroix

Dr. Lacroix is great once you get a chance to finally see her. I came in for a minor procedure and asked to be scheduled first thing in the morning to avoid long waiting times. She was 30 minutes late for her first appointment! I can't imagine how long everyone else had to wait. But once I sat with her, she was very pleasant and helpful. Her staff is incredible, one of the receptionists (Alexandra) went above and beyond for me! I definitely recommend this dermatology office if you're okay with taking a few hours from work.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Lacroix diagnosed my skin cancer that was missed by another Dermatologist. She was thorough and knowledgeable. She really cares and she's excellent. Her staff is wonderful. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Received professional and kind treatment from her, no question about that. My impression is that she has brains and tact both; knows what she is doing ; is concerned for her patient and would make a good family doctor as well. However, I am not too certain about recommending her dermatology hospital related services to others, because there seems to be no way to reach her or reach a live person at the hospital area where she works at Montfort to speak to somebody. What is the use of having a good doctor if you cannot get to her? I have a very difficult time trying to reach any live person to inquire about my next appointment. I get sent from department to department; wait and wait and wait, listen to announcements in both languages everywhere the operators connect me, with requests to leave a message. The promise to call me back does not materialize. Next day, with hope rekindled, I tackle this problem again, only to give up again after a lot of time wasted on the phone. I do not know how to talk to her other then trying to look her up on the Internet and call her at home, which I don't want to do to harass her at home. However, there seems to be no live person at Montfort whom I can talk to about my next appointment with her, and that is very frustrating. Next I will have to actually drive to the hospital in person, and ask the hospital management to cut through the obfuscating red tape there, and help me to speak with somebody about my next appointment with Dr. Julie Lacroix.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Not sure what to take from my dealings with this MD. She presents very well, seems genuinely concerned and acts as one would expect. However, as for follow up it is Terrible!. Biopsy on April 5, results to be ready on April 18 when stitches to be removed. Sat in waiting room for over an hour without explanation before finally seeing her. She apologized then said the results were not available. Instructed to call her office in two weeks as she was away on a family vacation the next week. When I called, first message not returned, Called second time and some four hours later receptionist called and said she would send her an e-mail. Two days later I'm still waiting. Never experienced such "service" anywhere, anytime.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

She is my mama and I love her. She is great ! ❤️❤️❤️

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

As a dermatology intern to Dr. Weatherhead, she removed a basal cell from my face. She described the procedure and checked my level of comfort repeatedly. Family medicine's los is dermotology's gain.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

It's a huge shame she's leaving her GP practice to focus on her derm specialty because she is a fantastic doctor. She's incredibly thorough, keeps her patients well informed of their illnesses, and is not afraid to admit when she's not entirely sure about an issue and will look in to it for you. She is fantastic with her patients, incredibly knowledgeable, and will be greatly missed as a GP. She has huge shoes to fill and I have doubts I'll be able to find a doctor again that is as good as she was.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

She is a good doctor...if you can get an appointment. Reception staff is not very helpful. Every time I call I either get hung-up on, left on hold forever and treated rather abruptly. Paulette, Dr. Lacroix's assistant, is most often uniformed and not helpful. It is rather frustrating that you can't get an appointment in a reasonable time frame...what's the point of having a family doctor if you have to go to walk-in clinics all the time!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

Dr. Julie was great. She was on time and everything was done professionally and quickly. I've known Dr. Julie as a great mom and now I know her as a great doctor. She's great with her patients as much as she is with her kids !! Thank you for today, Julie.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

She's a new doctor but I am really happy with her abilities. I just wish she worked more hours. It's hard to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010