Ratings for Dr. T. Mark Ricketts

Staff is horrible - can not get anyone to respond to my need of prescription refills ? Blood pressure medicine is pretty important don't you think ?

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

I don't know what has happened to him but I will say that he's in deep w/ something. One of my specialists says it's a mess but won't go any further? I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. I've also heard he's being investigated by multiple agencies and possible harassment suite has been filed.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Dr. Ricketts was fantastic, and I couldnt be more thankful for finally getting to the right physician!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Worst ever! He's like a factory(one in, one out) doesn't care about the patient! I've been going to him for 6 years and still they won't call in migraine medicine I've been on for years. They won't me to come in so I have to pay a co-pay. I go into the room and he asks if the medicine is working, I say yes, and that is IT!!!! It got worse every year and now it's terrible!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

The worst not only dr office but business I have ever used... impossible to get someone to answer the phone or return a message... My husband needed a referral to get into a surgeon never would help set up MRI .... Just terrible customer service and dr very impersonal didn't feel like he listened at all! Would not go there again or tell anyone to

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I've been his patient for 20 years, from back in his Tuscaloosa days. He treated my whole family over the years. As time went on, he got worse. He's more like an assembly line doctor than a family physician now. Sometimes he forgets my name. All of this I could tolerate if his staff and office personell weren't so vitriolic and inefficient. It's a disaster there. Do yourself a favor and go see a real doctor. One who cares...

Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr Ricketts has always treated me well I have been a patient since he opened in Bham.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Worst doctor I've ever seen. Tried to tell me I had asthma. I told him I truly didn't think I had asthma as I'd never had an episode of not being able to breathe. He got angry, cussed at me and told me I'd always had it and just didn't know it. I know my body better than someone I just met. As it turned out I didn't have asthma. I didn't appreciate how he spoke to me and I will not be back.

Submitted April 14, 2016

I have been going to Dr Ricketts for a few year. Last year they did not follow up on my test results. I mentioned that to Dr Ricketts this year and he apologized saying they would call. I called twice leaving messages because I have a reason to want to know those results. No call back. I decided to call Dr Ricketts directly but was told he does not take calls. I said I have a complaint and they said sorry. I said tell the Dr I will not be back. They said sorry. Guess they do not care.

Submitted March 1, 2016

First off, I will say I have gone to Dr. Ricketts for a couple of years and noticed a decline in the last 6 months but I don't know what has happened in the three weeks since my last visit, whatever it is has completely changed his entire office. From the moment I signed in I could tell things were different, I made a generalized and harmless comment to the new receptionist about how I had never seen her there and was introducing myself in a very friendly tone and she basically snapped my head off and told me to take a seat. After an 1:45 min a nurse (which I had also never seen there but decided to not make a comment to her because I truly feared what she would say after my first encounter at the front desk) finally took me back to a room, she didn't weigh me or get any vitals. I waited at least another 30 minutes or more when finally Dr. Ricketts stepped inside the door for no more than 1 min all the time looking at the chart and said, "We"ll get you all fixed up!" He then walked out without even discussing any of the test results with me, which was the reason I was there in the first place. The nurse handed me a prescription on the way out, I felt like cattle would have gotten better treatment than me in that place. To top everything off when I got to the pharmacy he had prescribed me heavy painkiller (which I have never been prescribed before and I am also allergic to) when I had went in with a heart issue that didn't involve painkillers at all! So I wasted 3 hours of my day and a 35.00 co pay for nothing. Needless to say I have made another appt with a real Doctor and will be turning him into the medical board, he really needs to be investigated! Please do not waste your time or money on this pain clinic doctor!

Submitted September 4, 2015

Dr. T. Mark Ricketts's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1987)

Molina