You may also like

Rate Dr. T. Mark Ricketts

Dr. T. Mark Ricketts's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Ricketts for a little over the year. Good doctor and very knowledgeable. Whatever questions I have he answers. Best doctors office I have gone to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2859612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

This guy is a freaking joke in town. He misdiagnosed me, as well as a friend of mine, and loaded us up with medicines and shots while charging our insurance. Please, please find a "real" doctor. There are plenty of quality ones in town, and this guy is NOT one of them.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2808789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I've been going to Dr. Ricketts for 6 years now. It is true, he doesn't spend a lot of time with his patients, but he's never failed to get the diagnosis right. no need to spend a lot of time with you if he knows the diagnosis. My problem is with the staff. Some are friendly, some are not; but in either case I have a problem getting them to follows through on what is supposed to be done. Right now, I am waiting on his office to call me back so I can make an appointment. Of course I get voice mail and leave a message. That was over a week ago. Now when I call back to try to get someone, the mailbox has reached its limit and I can't leave another message. Really???? I'm tempted to drive over there. That's the only way I can get to a real person.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2769080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I visited Dr. Ricketts office recently this week. Sadly I have to say that I was not pleased with the visit. Dr. Ricketts spent maybe 5 minutes in the room without ever asking any questions. He just said "Thanks for listening to the show" and "I'm gonna get you fixed up myself." The nurse I had was making me feel as though I was looking for drugs and made discussing my reason for my visit very uncomfortable. The other nurses I spoke to were very professional and very attentive. The other Doctor was kind, listened well and made discussing my issue comfortable. I believe Dr. Ricketts allows his other doctor to do the leg work while he shows up at the end to satisfy his patients with his presence. My main issue was never addressed and neither was my underlying health concerns even considered for discussion. The main complaint about this facility was being rushed. I have worked in healthcare for five years now and this Doctor certainly needs to slow down and take it slow with his patients.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2747686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Mark Ricketts is just a doctor out for the money and his radio show

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2724329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

If your looking for a physician to spent time listening to your issues, Rickett's is not the one for you. He doesn't spend anytime with you and rarely looks up to even acknowledge you in the room. I really like his staff and thought I would give him another shot but encounted the same results. A doc in the box would be a better choice!

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2706307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

Dr. Ricketts is a nice knowledgeable doctor. However, in almost all of my visits, he would come in, look at my issue and say "we'll get you fixed up". He would then head out and tell the nurse to call in what ever prescription that he felt I needed. I had no time to ask questions and he had none to ask himself. I had to ask the nurse to have Dr. Ricketts come back in as I had a few questions. He came back and I got one of my three questions out while he was heading towards the door again. Nice guy, but when I pay money to have something that is important to my health, I expect to have he or she take a reasonable amount of time to a
ask/answer questions to properly diagnose the problem. I assume that overbooking is the primary issue.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2629111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2014

Dr. Ricketts is very good at diagnosing a condition. I've used him close to twenty years and often recommend him to friends. In the past few years, I've noticed that he spends less time with me, but his nurses get all your info prior to your seeing the doctor. I wouldn't consider using anyone but Dr. Ricketts .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

Dr.Ricketts and his staff were very kind and professional when I had the first of a series of appointments. He listened to me and assured me he would discover the cause of problems that I was having. His nurse Tamara was very kind and empathetic. Blood work was done and xrays were taken of my back and they scheduled an MRI which I had within the week. At my second appointment Dr. Ricketts showed me the X-rays of my messed up back! I had been guilty of blaming it on prior chemotherapy . After an epidural at Brookwood Hospital I feel like a new person. My experience with Dr. Ricketts and staff has been great! I consider him to be my primary physician now. Jayne B. 'McDaniel, Vestavia Hills AL

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2532898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

This guy is a joke. He sees you for 30 seconds and is on to the next room. I went to him for a routine "physical" and all that occurred was blood work. Ha! In addition, his nurses are running the show and acting as physicians. My nurse ordered a "necessary for insurance purposes" procedure before the doctor had even seen me. I declined and nothing was said by the doctor or my insurance about this supposedly necessary procedure. I would have needlessly been exposed to radiation and wasted money (what Dr. Ricketts is obviously all about) if I would have complied. Seriously, I could go on and on about my bad experience. I am terrified by the thought of someone with a chronic, serious condition being managed by Dr. Ricketts. Oh, and you wait forever to be seen, of course... Avoid this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 10 [[ userState['ratings'][2482906].votes_count ]]