Ratings for Dr. Charles Morton

Wonderful experience. Very knowledgeable and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I saw dr Morton regarding axillary hyoerdosis and scalp psoriasis. He told me there was no cure for either. He injected my scalp with something and googled a chaffing cream for me. My follow up was worse. He is rude and doesn't listen to the patient. I would not recommend this dermatologist to anyone. I've been waiting for 7 months to see a "real," dermatologist. Please don't waste your time with dr Morton.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Today I visited Dr. Morton for the second time. This visit was for the removal of a basal cell carcinoma from my shin. On both occasions I found Dr. Morton to be very friendly, courteous and interested in my health in general. He was aware of, and asked about a previous unrelated cancer surgery. For this procedure he was very helpful in explaining what should be done and what he was doing, I came away from his office feeling very positive about Dr. Morton and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr Morton is the rudest "professional" I have ever met. He was very hurried and misdiagnosed me quickly because it was the easy answer to get me in and out. Prescribed some cream and told me to come back in 4 months if it hadn't cleared up. Later when I told my GP what he diagnosed me with he said that there was no way that I had what Dr Morton had but I continued to apply the medicine Dr Morton prescribed. So of course there was no improvement after 4 months so when I went back to see him, he was VERY rude!! Would not even look at me or my skin, all he said was that when I was in before he told me what my skin condition was and if I could find another dermatologist that knew more than he did then I should just go ahead. I was absolutely flabbergasted at what he had just said to me. I asked him to look at the problem so he could see there was no improvement and that it was actually worse and he just walked right out of the examining room!! I left there so angry and felt very disrespected as not only as a patient but as a human! I have let everyone I know to steer clear of this man. I ended up going to a top dermatologist in Vancouver on another skin issue a few years later and had mentioned the problem I had earlier and he also agreed with my GP. I also seen an Oral Specialist in Vancouver who also said Dr Morton was absolutely wrong in his diagnoses. If you value your health, please do not go to Dr Morton! I still to this day cannot understand why he talked to me that way. He takes top honors in the rudest doctor EVER!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

EXTREMELY RUDE RECEPTIONIST, VERY POOR PEOPLE SKILLS

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

When Doctor Morton removed 4 brown marks from my legs, he charged me $50.00 because he said it was a cosmetic procedure. He then proceeded to bring out his canister of liquid nitrogen and directed the spray to each of the spots -- for way too long. On 2 of the spots he actually counted out 5 seconds while he directed a steady stream of liquid nitrogen at my leg. One of the spots became a crater in my leg and over the past year has had 8 different scabs. All 4 spots are scarred and very visible over a year later. The 2 worst scars are still very red. Had I been so inclined I believe I could have sued him for malpractice. Do not go to this "doctor"

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Morton for eight years. Initially I found him to be in a hurry and thought he kind of "flew by the seat of his pants". I realized however, that he knows his stuff!! He is often able to assess and diagnose with in 30 seconds due to his vast experience in the field. I never feel unheard or rushed. He has a lot of skin to cover with 3 busy offices and long wait lists. I feel he is and excellent doctor and will hate to see him leave. It is too bad the province does not do something to entice more dermatologists to the area. It puts a lot of pressure on the few we have.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Dr. Morton is my dermatologist for 20 years. It is very nice. He listens. He understands quickly. He has a good sense of humour what is helpfull in certain situations. He is caring. My teenager did not have pimples because of his treatments. His diagnosis have always been perfect and its treatments too.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

After seeing Dr. Morton I immediately saw my family GP and asked for another referral. Dr. Morton was more interested in my life, asking some pretty personal questions completely unrelated to my skin conern, which turned out to be Lichen Planus, than what was wrong with my skin. He dismissed my skin condition without barely looking at it and told me to stop using scented laundry detergent. I went to another Dr. and he knew immediately what it was and wrote me a prescription accordingly. I honestly wonder how Dr. Morton has continued having a practice when he was absolutely useless.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

Very good doctor. Answers any questions you have. A shame this province pays dermatologists less than other doctors for their services. We need more doctors like this not less. Some skin conditions, especially nowadays, can be down right deadly. Make sure you ask for a skin check up at your yearly physical as waiting times are horrendous for dermatologists thanks to the government of BC.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013