Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. Matzke

Awesome doctor. Knowledgeable, compassionate, answers questions and addressed my concerns. Highly recommend. Grateful we have Daccess to r. Matzke's expertise in Detroit Lakes.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr. Matzke is thorough and friendly. He treated my skin cancer and have had good results. His staff and office, though very busy, is always polite and friendly.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2011

Dr. Matzke was very thorough...he made me feel at ease. He was very knowledgeable about what I was asking him about my skin condition.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

Dr. Matzke has performed several surgeries on me for skin cancer. I've found that he takes great care to minimize the resulting scar. His surgical technique is state of the art. Of the six or so other dermatologists I've seen over the years, he has done the best job of them all.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

The sum we were eventually forced to spend, above, is misleading, since it doesn't take into account the money we shelled out in numerous office visit copays, ineffective medication, missed work days, and finally, vet visits and pet medication. All for something that was suggested as being, progressively, a benign skin reaction, a possible poxvirus, and a potential strain of tuberculosis. Which, six weeks later, turned out to be ringworm -- ringworm which had raged out of control and left me with weeping, bleeding blisters encrusting my hand. I distinctly recall bringing up the possibility of ringworm at the beginning of the six weeks of misery. In that time, my boyfriend also got it -- in the beard follicles on his face. In Matzke's defense, he did seem very concerned after about three weeks and called me once on the weekend during the time of the "monkeypox" theory. Also in his defense, nobody else at the derm dept. could figure it out either. It took an infectious disease doc.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Dr. Thomas J. Matzke's Credentials

• Univ Of Nd Sch Of Med, Grand Forks Nd 58201 (Grad. 2001)

Kaiser-Permanente