Ratings for Dr. Karen L. Lucas

rude, impatient, condescending, lazy, moody and overall unpleasant regretfully.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I have had two occasions to deal with this doctor and personally I find her abrasive, rude, and in no was reassuring or compassionate. I bled into early pregnancy and had gone to the er and was til to schedule a follow up for the next day. He was the only dr with an appointment so I had to see her. She basically chided me for going to the er because as she put it" you can't run there every time you bleed. It's early and if you are going to miscarry it will happen !" I realize this is the case but it's my body and I can go to the er if I want to. I have insurance and that's what the er is there for. Then at 32 weeks I was experiencing contractions and called to see what her advice was as she was on call. Once again rude and abrupt and made me feel like a bother for calling. I will do my best to avoid her at all costs!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2014

I LOVE HER.. she just delivered my third daughter this march 2013 c-section.. she did a awesome job!! she is very nice and i would recommend her to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Lucas for my annual check-ups for years now and I can honestly say I really like her as a doctor. She did my hysterectomy in 2011 and I had no complications, it actually was a great surgery with one night in the hospital and practically pain free. She also found my thyroid problem when it was still borderline normal and my PCP thought my symptoms were stress. She has been a great and caring doctor who has taken the time to listen to me and answer any and all questions I have had for her over the years. I have recommended her to others and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

I went to this doctor because she was the only one accepting new patients when i unexpectedly became pregnant after years of severe female problems in 2009/2010 After delivery I never saw her until the 6 week check up we had discussed the Mirena but I wanted to know more and know of any and all side effects and was told be her that there was no side effects. So the Mirena was placed by here a week later. She said should I have any problems to go back and see her and I could have it out if I wanted. Well in 2012 I was experiencing severe mood swings, unexplained weight gain and discomfort. It is my body and I knew that it was the Mirena. She told me I was wrong and crazy. Long story short I had to have it surgically removed yesterday because it had attached itself. I would warn possible patients that they should always do their research and make sure your concerns are heard. I will NOT be going back if there is another pregnancy. I wouldnot recommend this one.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

I was really disappointed in this doctor for my pregnancy care. She kept pushing for a c-section even though my pregnancy was going OK. She kept saying that my baby was going to be too big (12 pounds estimated on ultrasound). She was born 8 pounds. She should know that ultrasounds aren't 100% accurate. I should have stayed with Dr. Bittler who I felt more comfortable with but apparently I was told that I had to stay with Dr. Lucas when I went over 40 weeks. Nurses are great! They do answer your questions right away. I felt like whenever I saw Dr. Lucas, she was always rushing and wants to leave the room right away.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Dr. Karen L. Lucas's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Biddeford, ME