Ratings for Dr. Richard Plomley

Saw this guy about five years ago. I basically self diagnosed and insisted on the desensitisation which cause great improvement to my chronic hives. The same treatment he insisted would not help despite the fact that he had failed to find any other allergies. Hugely unimpressed that at the end he made it out as though HE had fixed it. NO - THE GP DID THE ORIGINAL TEST AND I INSISTED ON THE TREATMENT WHILE YOU JUST TOOK OVER FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS FROM ME. I was fortunate to have a reasonable scientific education so I could fight for myself and knew when he was full of rubbish but unfortunately not everyone is on the same position. Reading the contents of others, I can't help but think that he wouldn't have been so dismissive if he'd known that I was a phd student in a medically relevant field (NOT immunology) ...who appears to know more about his field than he does. Pity I didn't read these comments before I made the first visit

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Interesting bloke but he was knowledgeable and his PA is always reachable.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

Not positive 3 months on treatment having problems and after spending over $700 want more to review still not received receipts in the mail ? Not helpful waste of a lot of time and money

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

I been attended my initial consultation on last week. I am worry at first due to seeing those comments before attending my appointment. I am feeling thankful that I didn't cancel my appointment. He is really calm and helpful doctor. He may not a a good in sociable but he do explain all the information and cause in detail. I will be definitely go back for my review.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Rude, absolutely no knowledge, no manners, just there to grab money, authorities should check his knowledge, he is misguiding and not doing right treatment. I wish I could give less than 1 star. I wasted my time and money.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Aweful experience. Poor service. Lack of expertise. Horrible reception staff. Poor communication.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

Waste of time. Didn't even read the information from my recommending doctor. Didn't provide the requested assessment. Hundreds of dollars out of pocket for nothing.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

He's a wonderful Dr. Very helpful with regards to my allergies. Information was clear and he made sure we understood the procedure. Would recommend.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Should have read this before going to see him! Staff is just as useless as the information the Dr gave me. No consideration that the patient was a child!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I saw hime regarding my allergies and he started completing tests that my GP had already done. So I told him that had all been done so he stopped that and just said to go have blood tests again and a CT scan. He was not helpful at all, could not give me any possible reasons or differential diagnoses. I felt he was pretty rude and snobby. I felt it was a waste of money and so expensive to see him. I don't want to go back with my scans so booking in to see my GP again and go from there.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016