Ratings for Dr. Eric M. Wahl

He is no longer in the 5th avenue office. He is working in a clinic. So my reviews are based on the experience with office visits with him in the clinic.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

My main doc shares office with Dr. Wahl so it was purely convenience that I originally began to see him a few years ago. However, I can say he is always very professional, I feel I am in good hands, he is quick to answer thoroughly and give references if asked. He's fine. I'm moving out of state so by necessity will find a local gyn but if I was staying I would have no reason to change from his care.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Wahl for 4 years now and his staff is truly the friendliest I've ever encountered at any doctor's office. I've even recommended friends who have never had a male gyno before and they have kept seeing him. Granted I am in my early twenties with little problems but I feel he is knowledgeable and always answers my questions. i don't think he is unfriendly but thorough if you are intimidated about asking questions may not be best gyno for you.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

warm and patient answers all my questions and expains different options

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

He is the only male gyno that I felt genuinely comfortable with. I also saw him at a clinic and he was straight to the point but willing to answer any questions I had at length. He performed my Cryosurgery as well for pre-cancerous cells, asking me questions about myself to keep my mind off the procedure. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

I have been to see Dr. Wahl four times at a low-income clinic. My first visit was an annual and I was quite shocked at how quick the appointment was and how little he talked to me; my first impression was that like some reviewers, I didn't like him or his bedside manner. Having said that, my opinion of Dr. Wahl has changed significantly. He is a busy man devoting a significant amount of time to a busy clinic so he needs to be straight to the point. And, since my initial appointment I have found that while brief, he is polite, caring and willing to answer my questions and concerns. Go to him with thoughtful questions and sincere concerns and he will take the time to explain your situation. Overall I find him thorough and he has given me much peace of mind. Thank you Dr. Wahl.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

Dr. Wahl is cold as ice, takes no time to inform his patients about anything and brushes off health concerns (it's not his health so he's not really concrned). If you want to go into labor blindly and completely unprepared then he's your guy. The afterbirth care is just as bad. Save yourself the pain and go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

Dr. Wahl is one of the best OBGYNs I've experienced in NYC. He has been very helpful to me and is one of the most knowledgable doctors I have seen. Yes, he's may not have the "friendliest and warmest" personalities, but I personally like his "no nonsense and straight to the point" attitude....and he still takes time out to answer all of your questions...which I find rare in any busy NYC doctor. I think he's a rare bird...."a doctor that really does care about his patients and people in general?!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2008

Dr. Wahl may be ok if you are having a baby, but as an older woman looking for help and info going through pre+menopause, he was the worst. He had no interest in explaining or even discussing any thing with me. His nurse is abrubt and intrusive (you ask Dr. Wahl a question and she answers) and she rushes you out. I found them both very cold and I would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

Dr. Wahl as well as his staff are extremely informative and helpful. I ask a lot of questions and they didn't seem rushed to answer. My only complaint is that his office hours are minimal, so chances of getting an appt are slim.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2007

Dr. Eric M. Wahl's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1988)

Providence