Ratings for Dr. Richard Maggio

unfortunately I didn't see Dr. Maggio instead I saw Lynda Baron NP she was clueless of the report she was constantly reading & even said I had something that the report did not say I had. She has poor bedside manners & also thinks that a patient walk in the office knowing all the medical language & gets inpatient when question. As per the staff they r like robots which don't have hearts & don't care to accommodate the patient or ever go that extra mile. With staff like this Dr. Maggio you should start saying bye to your business because patients will stop going. A little advise Linda Baron should not be with a patient alone & if see the patient the Dr. should come by & see the patient as well. Also for the ladies that work up front you should have them take a training on how to communicate in the office & on the phone & how to have patients records available for the Dr. instead of having a patient wait in the room for more the 1/2 hr.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I went to two specialists in Manhattan (one was considered elite) and was given a song and a dance as to what my issues were. After countless tests, they merely guessed upon what was wrong with me (and treated incorrectly). I went to this doctor ONCE and he figured out what was wrong with my prostate that day and I followed Dr. Maggio's orders. A whopping one week later, I was fully functional, feeling better and in no pain. A year later, I am not in any pain and feel great (I was in horrible pain and had other issues for approximately 6 months before this). Dr. Maggio is quick and on the money. His staff is very nice as well but they do make the occasional minor error which can be a little inconvenient.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

I disagree with the previous poor comments. I have had many appts. with Dr. Maggio over the course of the last year and he has performed a procedure with me. He is professional, affable, and I feel he does spend time with me and answers any questions I might have. The staff is helpful and for the most part courteous also.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

I have never had a worse experience with a physician. I waited over an hour at each appointment. He rushed through my visit, didn't provide any information about my diagnosis and seemed only interested in scheduling my next appointment. I didn't feel like a patient - just a source of revenue.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2012

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

This doctor rushes you, doesn't listen to you and makes you undergo unnecessary tests. Front desk is rude. Doctors Assistants were the best.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

Dr. Richard Maggio's Credentials

• Italian

• New York University Medical College - Nlg (Grad. 1987)