Dr. Trefor Nodwell

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Trefor Nodwell

I don't understand how anyone can say they had a bad experience with him or the staff at The Ottawa Clinic. From the very beginning they addressed every question and concern I had in a timely and friendly manner. I interviewed 5 doctors (including one who claims to be #1 in Ottawa) before meeting him, and I felt that they either did not take the time to listen to my needs, or just gave me their plan without taking the time to explain it. While they were all knowledgeable and likely would have done a good job, it was Dr. Nodwell's approach that really sold me. He clearly has a passion for his work and exuded levels of warmth and reassurance that I didn't feel from the other doctors. Where I was nervous before about my procedure (breast augmentation and mastopexy to correct tuberous breasts), after my discussion with him I was actually excited about it. 3 months later, the "girls" are healing well and I am so happy with my results. I'm confident when I look in the mirror now, my results are so natural-looking and I'm healing at exactly the rate he predicted. Visit him and I can promise you won't regret it!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

He was great. He fixed a broken pinky finger for me ten years ago. It had been shattered in a car accident. What really stuck out to me is that he not only fixed my finger but he had compassion. He saw I was nervous before the operation and made sure I was comfortable before starting. He also personally called my father to let him know that the surgery was over earlier than expected, and that he could come and pick me up. He also gave details of how the surgery went. We thought it was nice at the time as doctors, especially surgeons are so busy and he didn't need to do that. Nice person and very good job repairing the shattered finger.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

The staff told me that my stitches will fall out by themselves and that I should change my own dressing on my badly cut thumb. The Dr. would see me in a month. I called back to tell them the stitches needed to be removed in 2 wks and asked if they could please follow up with the Dr. They never called me back. My GP was not able to get the stitches out and will refer me to another Plastic Surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

So nice to see the positive comments as he is a good DR. I've been waiting for the clinic to contact me and it's been two and a half months. I see others have had this issue as well . Perhaps I will need to find another DR who wants my business. He is a friendly personable guy, but never heard any follow up for surgery. Not sure what to think.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Trefor Nodwell

Dr. Trefor Nodwell's response
Hi , We would like to remedy any concerns you have. Please contact our booking department directly 613-688-9754 for any surgical booking enquiries. If there are any troubles contact our manager, Sarah 613-688-9753.

Submitted August 29, 2017

He's a very nice Doctor to talk to. His staff do not always return emails, that's troublesome.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Nodwell. From the moment I met him I knew he was the one I wanted to do my breast augmentation. He's very precise, professional, and skilled beyond words. We chose to do 2 different sized implants (anatomical cohesive gel) in order to fix my asymmetry and add volume and size. He did everything and more. The staff at the clinic are competent and very nice, Dr. Nodwell is a gem, and the staff at the QCH made me so comfortable I almost forgot I was going in for surgery. I'm only 2 days post op and the pain is mediocre but I have no bruising, swelling, drainage, etc and the incision site is tiny. Thank you so much Dr. Nodwell and all your wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

I had a breast reduction and carpal tunnel surgery done in Carleton place this spring. I felt totally comfortable in the hands of Dr Nodwell and his team. Post operatively, I have had some complications. Through this, his care and empathy shines thru along with his sense of humour and bedside manner. I am so happy that I chose Dr Nodwell to care for me. I will continue to recommend him to anyone who is looking for a plastic surgeon. His aftercare is phenomenal and will always make himself available to his patient. Marcela, his administrative assistant is equally amazing at her job, always squeezing an appointment for me out of thin air. The nurses at the clinic are efficient and very sweet. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Required reconstruction of my cheekbone following an assault. Dr. Nodwell was great and the procedure went amazingly!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Nodwell performed liposcution of my upper and lower abdominals, bra roll, banana roll and inner and outer thighs. My surgery was performed under general anaesthesia at the Carleton Place Hospital. I couldn't be happier with the kindness, knowledge, and sensitivity shown by Dr. Nodwell, all the Carleton Place OR and after care staff and all the support staff and the Ottawa Clinic. Although I am only two weeks into my healing, I am already seeing results. I am confident that I will have the results that years of exercise couldn't achieve. I imagine that I will trust Dr. Nodwell with any of my future aesthetic needs.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I recently underwent a full abdominoplasty and I couldn't be happier with the results. I thought I was going to have to get it done in Toronto but no-turns out we have a fantastic surgeon here in Ottawa, Dr. Nodwell!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Dr. Trefor Nodwell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

S. A. Trefor Nodwell, MD CM, FRCSC is a fully qualified plastic surgeon certified with the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada. He is a Staff Plastic Surgeon at the Queensway Carleton Hospital in Ottawa, ON and also has privileges at the Carleton Place and District Memorial Hospital in Carleton Place, ON. He has been in independent practice in our Nation’s Capital since 2005. His practice focus is cosmetic plastic surgery with an emphasis on breast aesthetics (breast augmentation and lift), body contouring (liposuction, abdominoplasty, thigh and arm lift) as well as facial plastic surgery (eye lift, face, neck and forehead lift). He has specific additional training in non-surgical and minimally invasive facial rejuvenation (BOTOX® Cosmetic, fillers, Belkyra, and micro fat grafting).

• English