Ratings for Dr. Trefor Nodwell

This adventure started with doing a lot research for a (very busy, travelling) friend. Based on his Reviews and Ratings, I suggested Dr. Nodwell for the work she wanted done, set up her Consultation and she is now his patient. In the meantime, I went to a doctor with a solid reputation for abdominoplasties (which I needed). Feeling a little disappointed with my (expensive) results, I turned to Dr. Nodwell. What I really wanted was to get rid of the leftover "saddle bags" which then appeared more prominant. First of all, the location was great for me, with parking and a takeout coffee spot ! The waiting room, nicely appointed, allows for quiet conversation. During the Consultation he reviewed my Medical History, asking questions and taking notes. He then listened patiently to my 'story' and did an examination. After discussing things with me, he presented options; compartmentalizing the work, methods that could be used, pros & cons and corresponding costs. He did not push for a decision, instead, he asked me to go home and really consider everything, calling his office with any questions. I did. I opted to "finish" the abdominoplasty + liposuction to reduce my flabby hips. Prior to the Surgery, there were appointments at the Queensway Carleton Hospital and with Dr. Nodwell - who gave me pre- and post-op natural supplements to reduce scarring ! The day arrived. Dr. Nodwell saw me before and after Surgery, explaining that everything went very well. I was discharged the same day and, because of all the preparatory help, I was ready for recovery. I received follow-up calls from both the Hospital and the Doctor's office a few hours after the Surgery and the next day. His office called again about 5 days later, and I went for my first post surgery appointment 5 days after that. At my last visit, the results were declared better than expected (my pre-existing internal scarring) by all concerned. Currently, I have one more week with the 'wraparound' full-time and start going without it after that. I am THRILLED with results already ! Dr. Nodwell, himself, is highly professional, easygoing, reassuring, extremely understanding and has a sense of humour ! He is very well represented by Melissa who handled all my calls/emails promptly and personably. She always ensured my concerns were addressed and never rushed me ! This Clinic of professionals is lucky to partner with him and his Staff. I have already recommended them enthusiastically. I almost hope I have more work to be done myself !

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

after years of being scared to have a breast reduction, I decided to go for the consultation. Dr. Nodwell's bed side manner was amazing. He took the time to answer all of my questions and he thoroughly explained the process. I left his office with confidence that I could go thru with it. My reduction took place 3 weeks and am I back to work and feeling pretty good. Dr. Nodwell really made me feel comfortable and has given such a gift. I only wish I had done it sooner!!!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I first met Dr Nodwell through the emergency at the QCH during which time he had to perform a very painful procedure on my broken hand. Through it all, he was calm and reassuring. Afterwards, he even walked me down to the xray department himself to make sure I found the way! He has sinve had to perform surgery on my hand and through it all again, he has been kind, understanding and reassuring. He takes his time to explain the procedures that he will be performing and answers questions at a level that you can truly understand. His bedside manner is warm and caring-he even called me at home the following day of my surgery! Couldnt ask for a better surgeon! His administrative assistant , Melissa, is very helpful and kind. She went out of way to try to accomodate my surgery

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

From the first moment I met Dr Nodwell I was impressed with his knowledge and professionalism. Throughout the processes of my procedures; bracheoplasty (arm lift), breast lift and breast augmentation, he has shown expertise, enthusiasm and understanding. He is more than willing to answer my lists of questions in a reassuring manner. These procedures have taught me to be patient and to have faith in him. What I view as issues, he has proven to be a notch in the process of recovery. Dr Nodwell's team that I have been involved with are Melinda, Melissa and Chantal. These ladies are an integral part of the process and help to answer questions and assist in office visits. My pre-procedure research indicated to me that Dr Nodwell is one of the best. I sensed that he was an artist and a perfectionist and this is the type of Cosmetic Surgeon that I want working for me. Tomorrow I am 7 weeks postop and so far I have not been disappointed and look forward to seeing my final results in the months to come.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I had the most amazing experience with Dr. Nodwell and his team. I went in for a consul for a breast augment and instantly knew he would be my surgeon. I had been to other consults with cold, pushy, weird doctors but Dr. Nodwell was kind, reassuring, listened to what I wanted and always made me feel comfortable. His amazing staff answered all of my questions (and there were a lot) via email or phone before and after the surgery.. usually within an hour or two. The day of the surgery he came and talked to me before, did all of the markings and reassured me that I was in good hands. He was so nice and I felt confident that he would do a good job. He also waited for me to wake up from anaesthesia to say that everything went perfect and to explain my after care. I'm about 2 weeks into my recovery and I'm feeling good. My results are exactly what I wanted and I can't wait for them to be fully healed! Another thing I felt Dr. Nodwell and his team went above and beyond was including (free) pre and post surgery vitamins.. which as a holistic health nut I was SO happy to see. I really believe it makes a positive difference in recovery time if you arm your self with the right vitamins. At my post op appointment they also gave me 2 scar reduction products- top of the line products. I feel this just shows how caring the team is, and how they really want you to have the best result. I really can't say enough good things about Dr. Nodwell and his team- I would recommend him to anyone who asked!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

In the last year I have been on the path of weight loss and after losing over 80 pounds I was left with saggy skin and needed a bit of contouring...I started my search for a plastic surgeon and after consulting with two surgeons my decision was clear that Dr Nodwell was going to be the one helping me reach my goals and dreams. I had an abdominoplasty with liposuction and thigh lift with liposuction both done at the same time last September . I felt like I was in such good hands , it was my first time getting any type of surgery and I was not even worried. Dr Nodwell explains everything so that you understand exactly the possible outcomes of each surgery , the results expected and the recovery time. He always takes the time to answer any questions I have , he is really patient and caring. He could always meet with me to follow up with any concerns or questions I would have.The staff at the clinic is also unbelievable , they follow up with you so quickly and are really efficient. (I have been dealing with Melissa (patient liaison)and Melinda (nurse) ). I am still recovering from my surgeries( especially the thigh lift , tummy was a breeze...) , and waiting for January to come for part two , breast lift with auto-augmentation. I have worked hard to lose the weight , made lifestyle changes and now Dr Nodwell's work of art is getting rid of the last remaining traces of the old me . I am trilled with the results don't look any further , he is the best!!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

I just meet Dr.Nodwell today and all. Want to say is ,if you are still looking for a doctor you can stop searching now. He is an amazing person , very polite , patient , explain very well all the procedure , he's taking time for you and care. I recomend and truly trust hime. All staff are very welcoming. I just need to call back for an appointment.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I requested a consultation with Dr. Nodwell to see if I am a good candidate to do a tummy tuck. The office staff were all very pleasant and Dr. Nodwell was very professional and made me feel very comfortable during the assessment. He was patient and explained to be the procedures, the pros and cons, recovery and any question that I had. He (and his staff) did not try to pressure me into making a decision. Prior to this appointment, I had already done some background research and felt that this would be a good match. I now have a surgery date scheduled!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Well I am coming back for full body liposuction! I have seen several surgeons for this issue and I have never had a more pleasant experience!. I felt no shame in showing my body and he noticed what I wanted changed. Dr. No dwell ever remembered how he improved my temples with volulift. I can't wait to get my procedure:)

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I am a patient at the clinic and I find the staff very helpful and prompt. Doctor Nodwell is an outstanding Plastic Surgeon. He has excellent bedside manor and very devoted to his patients. He takes time to listen to questions and concerns and answers in a very gentle but honest way. I had complications after the first procedure which was a horrific experience but the whole team was on board and very knowledgeable through out the process. I must say, the only negative was having to go to Queensway Carleton to emergency and having to wait 8 to 9 hours every time I needed antibiotics. Once I was able to see Doctor Nodwell, homecare visits were set up and that was so much better. Something, Queensway never offered to me. After the emergency surgery, I was admitted to the maternity floor and WOW, the nursing care was amazing and Doctor Nodwell and his resident came to see me as well as infectious disease doctors. I felt in very good hands. I am due for the real surgery this October and I am certain all will go well as I feel I have the best plastic surgeon doing my reconstruction. Many thanks for all that was done so far!! Looking forward to the final product:)

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Trefor Nodwell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

S. A. Trefor Nodwell, MD CM, FRCSC is a fully qualified plastic surgeon certified with the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada. He is a Staff Plastic Surgeon at the Queensway Carleton Hospital in Ottawa, ON and also has privileges at the Carleton Place and District Memorial Hospital in Carleton Place, ON. He has been in independent practice in our Nation’s Capital since 2005. His practice focus is cosmetic plastic surgery with an emphasis on breast aesthetics (breast augmentation and lift), body contouring (liposuction, abdominoplasty, thigh and arm lift) as well as facial plastic surgery (eye lift, face, neck and forehead lift). He has specific additional training in non-surgical and minimally invasive facial rejuvenation (BOTOX® Cosmetic, fillers, Belkyra, and micro fat grafting).

• English