Dr. Trefor Nodwell

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Trefor Nodwell

The staff told me that my stitches will fall out by themselves and that I should change my own dressing on my badly cut thumb. The Dr. would see me in a month. I called back to tell them the stitches needed to be removed in 2 wks and asked if they could please follow up with the Dr. They never called me back. My GP was not able to get the stitches out and will refer me to another Plastic Surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

So nice to see the positive comments as he is a good DR. I've been waiting for the clinic to contact me and it's been two and a half months. I see others have had this issue as well . Perhaps I will need to find another DR who wants my business. He is a friendly personable guy, but never heard any follow up for surgery. Not sure what to think.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Trefor Nodwell

Dr. Trefor Nodwell's response
Hi , We would like to remedy any concerns you have. Please contact our booking department directly 613-688-9754 for any surgical booking enquiries. If there are any troubles contact our manager, Sarah 613-688-9753.

Submitted August 29, 2017

He's a very nice Doctor to talk to. His staff do not always return emails, that's troublesome.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Nodwell. From the moment I met him I knew he was the one I wanted to do my breast augmentation. He's very precise, professional, and skilled beyond words. We chose to do 2 different sized implants (anatomical cohesive gel) in order to fix my asymmetry and add volume and size. He did everything and more. The staff at the clinic are competent and very nice, Dr. Nodwell is a gem, and the staff at the QCH made me so comfortable I almost forgot I was going in for surgery. I'm only 2 days post op and the pain is mediocre but I have no bruising, swelling, drainage, etc and the incision site is tiny. Thank you so much Dr. Nodwell and all your wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

I had a breast reduction and carpal tunnel surgery done in Carleton place this spring. I felt totally comfortable in the hands of Dr Nodwell and his team. Post operatively, I have had some complications. Through this, his care and empathy shines thru along with his sense of humour and bedside manner. I am so happy that I chose Dr Nodwell to care for me. I will continue to recommend him to anyone who is looking for a plastic surgeon. His aftercare is phenomenal and will always make himself available to his patient. Marcela, his administrative assistant is equally amazing at her job, always squeezing an appointment for me out of thin air. The nurses at the clinic are efficient and very sweet. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Required reconstruction of my cheekbone following an assault. Dr. Nodwell was great and the procedure went amazingly!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Nodwell performed liposcution of my upper and lower abdominals, bra roll, banana roll and inner and outer thighs. My surgery was performed under general anaesthesia at the Carleton Place Hospital. I couldn't be happier with the kindness, knowledge, and sensitivity shown by Dr. Nodwell, all the Carleton Place OR and after care staff and all the support staff and the Ottawa Clinic. Although I am only two weeks into my healing, I am already seeing results. I am confident that I will have the results that years of exercise couldn't achieve. I imagine that I will trust Dr. Nodwell with any of my future aesthetic needs.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I recently underwent a full abdominoplasty and I couldn't be happier with the results. I thought I was going to have to get it done in Toronto but no-turns out we have a fantastic surgeon here in Ottawa, Dr. Nodwell!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

This adventure started with doing a lot research for a (very busy, travelling) friend. Based on his Reviews and Ratings, I suggested Dr. Nodwell for the work she wanted done, set up her Consultation and she is now his patient. In the meantime, I went to a doctor with a solid reputation for abdominoplasties (which I needed). Feeling a little disappointed with my (expensive) results, I turned to Dr. Nodwell. What I really wanted was to get rid of the leftover "saddle bags" which then appeared more prominant. First of all, the location was great for me, with parking and a takeout coffee spot ! The waiting room, nicely appointed, allows for quiet conversation. During the Consultation he reviewed my Medical History, asking questions and taking notes. He then listened patiently to my 'story' and did an examination. After discussing things with me, he presented options; compartmentalizing the work, methods that could be used, pros & cons and corresponding costs. He did not push for a decision, instead, he asked me to go home and really consider everything, calling his office with any questions. I did. I opted to "finish" the abdominoplasty + liposuction to reduce my flabby hips. Prior to the Surgery, there were appointments at the Queensway Carleton Hospital and with Dr. Nodwell - who gave me pre- and post-op natural supplements to reduce scarring ! The day arrived. Dr. Nodwell saw me before and after Surgery, explaining that everything went very well. I was discharged the same day and, because of all the preparatory help, I was ready for recovery. I received follow-up calls from both the Hospital and the Doctor's office a few hours after the Surgery and the next day. His office called again about 5 days later, and I went for my first post surgery appointment 5 days after that. At my last visit, the results were declared better than expected (my pre-existing internal scarring) by all concerned. Currently, I have one more week with the 'wraparound' full-time and start going without it after that. I am THRILLED with results already ! Dr. Nodwell, himself, is highly professional, easygoing, reassuring, extremely understanding and has a sense of humour ! He is very well represented by Melissa who handled all my calls/emails promptly and personably. She always ensured my concerns were addressed and never rushed me ! This Clinic of professionals is lucky to partner with him and his Staff. I have already recommended them enthusiastically. I almost hope I have more work to be done myself !

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

after years of being scared to have a breast reduction, I decided to go for the consultation. Dr. Nodwell's bed side manner was amazing. He took the time to answer all of my questions and he thoroughly explained the process. I left his office with confidence that I could go thru with it. My reduction took place 3 weeks and am I back to work and feeling pretty good. Dr. Nodwell really made me feel comfortable and has given such a gift. I only wish I had done it sooner!!!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Trefor Nodwell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

S. A. Trefor Nodwell, MD CM, FRCSC is a fully qualified plastic surgeon certified with the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada. He is a Staff Plastic Surgeon at the Queensway Carleton Hospital in Ottawa, ON and also has privileges at the Carleton Place and District Memorial Hospital in Carleton Place, ON. He has been in independent practice in our Nation’s Capital since 2005. His practice focus is cosmetic plastic surgery with an emphasis on breast aesthetics (breast augmentation and lift), body contouring (liposuction, abdominoplasty, thigh and arm lift) as well as facial plastic surgery (eye lift, face, neck and forehead lift). He has specific additional training in non-surgical and minimally invasive facial rejuvenation (BOTOX® Cosmetic, fillers, Belkyra, and micro fat grafting).

• English