Ratings for Dr. Savitra V. Hegde

My experience sounds very similar to other reviews. She's cold and kept trying to push me to do a sleep study. I told her I had severe fatigue no matter how much sleep I got and she was trying to diagnose me with insomnia. I've been paying way too much per appointment to see her and I leave confused and frustrated every time. The endocrinologist she referred me to (after me demanding more attention when she didn't care that I felt like my body was shutting down) is also cold and wouldn't prescribe me the thyroid medicine I needed even though my family history showed that what they wanted me to take wouldn't work. Overall terrible experience. The only thing saving her rating is the fact that her nurses are friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

For some reason I went to Dr Hegde three times. She can get you in on same-day notice--I didn't think that was a red flag, oops. I let her know I'm a cash-only patient the first time. She gave me an Rx for the most expensive drug of that class. The pharmacy thought it was a joke! Took over a day to fix. Next visit she was cold (my partner attended the visit and agreed, was upset with her too) and made me feel like a "druggie." No compassion. Tried to say I had strep throat (I went in for mental health) and then coded me for almost $200 cash for a short appointment. Third visit was RIDICULOUS. Ignored me, typed on her pager, made light of electro-convulsive therapy!!!, told me the drug probably wouldn't work, didn't tell me how to take it, left me crying and booted me out. Pharmacist said drug dose was inadequate for my condition. Hegde thought she was treating a DIFFERENT condition! Going through HELL to fix it. Very cold, unhelpful, DOES NOT listen, nickle-and-diming, CONFUSED doctor.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

Dr. Savita Hegde is extremely incompetent!! I have worked in the medical field, and I easily see her many mistakes and lack of knowledge. I am worried that patients see her and take her advice and her prescriptions without being properly informed or knowledgeable. Someone could die because of her errors. Additionally, her clinic's prices are very high for patients without insurance. ***

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

I went to dr.hegde (only one available for my small window of time. And now i see why) a routine physical, and ended up at a sleep apnea test, a prescription for blood pressure meds (lowest possible prescription, especially when the Pharmacist said I wouldn't even notice a change) , and an overall bad taste for doctors! 6'0" and 205 and she's telling me that I am overweight?!?? I workout 5-6 times a wk!!!! She could use a good look into a mirror. I went back to this clinic for a sore throat and tendinitis my shoulder 4 months later. Obviously, she was the only one available, and was told that I don't have strep(no description what I could have) and that I have tendinitis, which I told her I had. After telling her that ibuprofen wasn't helping, I got NOTHING for either. I will NEVER go back there, if she's my only option. Terrible doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

I had back pain and occasionaly the pain would shooting down toward my bladder. She said it was a result of being overweight. I went for a second opinion. The new doctor tested by blood and urine and found kidney problems. I do not not recommend this doctor. She does not listen.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Dr. Hegde is definitely the least attentive physician I have ever had. I went to her complaining of fatigue and a sore throat, and I told her I thought I had strep. She told me I was just depressed!! No culture or anything, she just sent me on my way. Then after that I broke out with a horrible rash of guttate psoriasis all over my body which the dermatology clinic at UI says was caused by her failure to diagnosis the strep in a timely manner. I do not know if that is true, but I know that she did not care that I was completely hysterical about the psoriasis as it was really painful and itchy and she gave me a tiny little tube of cream to treat it. She also held my son down to flush out his ears and he is terrified of doctors now. He won't even let one take his blood pressure. Not a good doctor.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009