Ratings for Dr. Peter Main

Been a patient for a decade now and found him a great helpful Dr

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Horrible horrible man. I had suffered a mental breakdown and had chronic migraines. He had me on 70 tablets a day, PLUS fentenal patches but never helps me. Each visit he said I was "in the too hard basket". Made me feel like life was never going to get better and to continue with suicide as a way out of the pain and heartache. Thankfully I went to another doctor and it went from night to day. Now one one tablet, no fentenal patch and starting to enjoy life again.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Peter is an excellent Doctor whos is extremely knowledgable helpful

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Been my doctor since early seventies. Both Jenna and he are great doctors

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Very knowlegable and competent but tends to be a bit didactic, which I probably need as some of my problems stem from poor behaviour..

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Wonderful and empathetic doctor who does not talk down to his patients and is very knowledgable and thoughtful..

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

I did not proceed beyond the reception staff. For that reason I could only give a 3 for each category about the doctor. He may be a 5 on all counts, as others have indicated, and it was that reason that I wanted to see him. But I am no longer well enough to tolerate antisocial behaviour from reception staff. Having been a GP's receptionist myself, I was shocked that a reportedly good doctor would have such staff. It begs the question: why does he have them and what is the cause of their poor attitude towards patients.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr Main is a competent doctor who is very thorough. If you are after a kindly good bedside manner type of doctor maybe look elsewhere. But I prize competence and expertise above the warmer qualities (while not decrying their importance)and he always impresses me on those scores. Tends to speak a little academically at times, but, again, if you want good reliable care, he gives that.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Dr Main is very experienced and knowledgeable. Sometimes he speaks very fast and I had trouble following, but his advice was great. He is certainly a doctor with a social consciousness, bulk-billing where appropriate, and keeping a few slots every day for people who ring up in the morning for urgent needs.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Can be a bit grumpy but knows his stuff. What I would call a "pro-active" GP. You present with a problem and he orders a variety of tests before jumping to conclusions.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009