Ratings for Dr. Frank L. Fenton

Dr. Fenton is best doctor I have met in my life. So caring

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Fenton for 38 years. He is awesome, kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. He has diagnosed and treated various medical conditions over the years, referred me to excellent specialists, and I trust him completely. I moved away from the area two years ago, and prefer to drive 45 mins to have him as my primary doctor. The staff over the years have been great. It is a stressful job, and I have always found them to be helpful and caring.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr. Fenton has been my doctor for years he's a very kind and compassionate doctor. However, every single one of his "office girls" especially his office manager are rude, insensitive, cold, heartless people. I know many people who live in the Walled Lake area who feel the same way about Dr. Fentons staff. I hate that I've been forced to switch doctors because of his horrible staff. I thought medical personal was suppose to be kind and warm. Isn't it the reason why most people go into the medical field because they truly want to help people. I dot understand why such a great doctor is allowing his staff to ruin his office and drive all of his patients away. I hope he just doesn't care because he's planning on retiring soon. Once last complaint, how is it exceptiable to not have an office phone with an answering machine that allows patients to leave a message. I'm in the customer service field and this is not the proper way to "take care" of your patients.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

Dr. Fenton is a kind man, but his action and followup in serious situations leaves a lot to be desired. A family member is currently being treated for a serious infection and the last time she brought it up to him at Dr. Fenton's office he didn't even bother to look at the area in question to see what she was talking about. If you want a nice bedside manner see Dr. Fenton, if you have a serious condition I urge you to seek out someone more skilled.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

I'm a third generation patient of Dr. Fenton and I think he's the greatest! I would recommend him to anybody. I scored him "best" for knowledgeable because he's well educated, board certified and has many years of experience. What more is there? I think Dr. Fenton's seen it all at one time or another. I scored him "best" for helpfulness because he's taken care of every problem I've had. He doesn't just hear your story and send you on your way with a script. He'll listen and talk with you then explain what's wrong, how he plans to resolve it, how it may have occurred and how to avoid it in the future. He's not just a doctor but also a teacher. I learn something new every time I see him. Dr. Fenton's always tried to save me money by prescribing less expensive versions of the same drug. It's clear to me he still has a passion for the medical field and his family practice. I have no doubt Dr. Fenton's main concern is curing and keeping his patients healthy and happy!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

i went to Dr.fenton for years.i like him and is a great guy.his staff is incredibly awful disrespectful and rude..despite the fact my finaces were very strained..i paid cash to him for over 2 years.he choose to change my meds knowin i had no insurance.it blew my mind that he could be so unconcerned knowin my finaces were so limited.i was NEVER ABLE TO GET IN TO SEE HIM.workin in medical field im shocked he still in business due to his unprofessional staff..do not go here. dr fenton great guy but unfortanley bad out weighs the good.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

I am going there since last many years. I can even go to my own hospital affiliated doctors and save some money but I want to stay with him. He is a great doctor and I never had problem with his staff either. May be some people are hard to satisfy. If a doctor gives you full attention, full time, responds when you need him (even on the weekends or after hours), refills on time , never pushes you for frequent visits to make money, what else you need from a doctor?

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

We have taken Mom to him for 5 years. He has always been caring, informative, and knowledgable. Other family members are also his patient, and everyone thinks he is a really good doctor. Sorry to hear that others have had a bad experience. We will continue in his practice.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

We were at his office for over 2 hours due to his tardiness and poor time mgt. In addition, he wasn't forth coming about info and d/n seem like he knew what was going on with my husband. Days later he called in a panic because he discovered my husband had a pretty serious staph infection. A year later after we switched doctors my husband was experiencing some strange symptoms. Our new doctor did not mess around and we found out immediately that my hubby had MRSA. This can be a deadly infection if not treated. This was a result of the first infection not being fully treated out of his system. I thought Dr. Fenton was somewhat rude and I would not recommend him. He was out of touch and insensitive to our concerns. Do not go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

The office staff was not very understanding! They were very rude and disrespectful! Dr. Fenton was a nice doctor but his office manager and the office help was horrible. They were rude on the phone and in person; I'm not sure how he is still in business.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

Dr. Frank L. Fenton's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1979)