Ratings for Dr. David Sim

Highly recommend Dr Sim. We're very happy with the result and service.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

👍 I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Sim and his staff. We were never made to wait past our appointment time, the staff were always kind and courteous, and I never for a moment doubted that we were in the best of hands. Even our after hour emails were answered promptly and professionally.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Simply excellent! Very knowledgeable and extremely attendant to detail.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with Brenda and Doctor Sim and all the staff at your office. I know that both Taylor and Justin really appreciated the comfortable atmosphere and the professionalism shown. I certainly recommend your office to all my friends. Thank you so much for all the work and both beautiful smiles. I know that they're both very happy with them.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Dr. Sim and his staff were knowledgeable, friendly, and always willing to help. The whole process was smooth and went better than I had anticipated. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

PLEASE READ: I genuinely advise anyone who is reading this review that if you value not only your time and money but also the health of your child, to avoid any treatment by Dr. Sim at all costs. I began my treatment with Dr. Sim in 2006 when I was 16 years old, I am now 25 and in 2015 my treatment has still not been completed. I still have a significant overbite and I had been receiving treatment from Dr. Sim's office continuously for 8+ years. Dr. Sim had attempted to explain this away by blaming the occasional broken bracket and cancelled appointment that had taken place during my treatment time (these things happen to every patient and I found it ludicrous to believe that my treatment time could be extended by 6+ years because of the occasional bracket) and began charging me $50/month to continue with his treatment during the 7th year. After a year of paying this and still seeing virtually no progress in my teeth, I spoke to Dr. Sim and he attempted to use the same excuse again. When I persisted he finally admitted that he in fact did not know why my teeth were not moving - in other words he had been directly lying to me in an attempt to avoid taking responsibility for the lack of efficacy for his treatment. At this point he decided to agree to discontinue the additional monthly payments that I had been forced to pay (since it was now blatantly clear that the prolongation of my treatment had nothing to do with me) and I decided it would be much cheaper to finish the treatment with Dr. Sim than to look elsewhere despite how slowly this treatment was progressing and the poor business ethics that Dr. Sim had directly demonstrated to me. However this is unfortunately not the main issue I had with this office. I discontinued my treatment with Dr. Sim a few months later after being examined by a different practitioner and being diagnosed with a TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder as a result of the orthodontic treatment that Dr. Sim had been providing. The symptoms of this disorder are extremely serious and aggravating (chronic headaches from muscle spasms, jaw joint pain, deviation of jaw upon opening, teeth grinding, etc.). Since I was 16/17 I had began experiencing chronic headaches for reasons that at the time were completely unknown to me. For years I had been going from doctor to doctor and to multiple health practitioners in an attempt to get a diagnosis and treatment for the headaches that I was experiencing, however this was all to no avail. When I was 20 (4 years into my orthodontic treatment) I had been recommended by my family doctor to ask Dr. Sim if my headaches could be a result of a TMJ disorder (orthodontists are supposed to have knowledge of this joint). Without bothering to verify anything Dr. Sim simply stated that he did not feel that this was an issue, which left me suffering for another 4 years before I finally found the cause of this pain. My treatment involved extracting four teeth (bicuspid extractions), after which the gaps were meant to be filled by pushing the teeth back. This method puts the patient at risk of developing complications with their TMJ (which was unfortunately what happened to me) causing chronic muscle spasms in the face, neck, and especially in the head. X-rays of this joint showed TMJ damage, and tests examining the muscle tension in my face and head determined that an improper teeth alignment is responsible for the tension in these muscles. Words alone cannot properly describe what impact chronic non-stop pain for years has had on my life, my education in high school and especially university had been severely compromised as a result of the pain I was and still am enduring. I am now being treated by a neuromuscular dentist to heal my TMJ and realign my bite in a way which relaxes my muscles, however the chronic pain still persists although it is now not as severe. I will once again emphasize that if you value the health of your child then please avoid receiving treatment from Dr. Sim at all costs. I would not be surprised if many of the children of the parents giving 5 stars here end up suffering from TMJ disorders years later and have no idea what is causing their symptoms. Look into a functional orthodontist or a neuromuscular dentist near your home who avoids performing extractions for orthodontic treatment. Dr. Sim was not only unable to give me the straight teeth that I paid him over $6000 to give me after over 8 years of treatment, but he had also damaged my TMJ in the process resulting in non-stop chronic pain. The results of the treatment that Dr. Sim had provided were not simply ineffective, they were absolutely horrendous, disgusting, and life-threatening. I spent a decade of my life suffering from chronic pain as a result of this individual's negligence and I still have braces on. Please take this review seriously and look elsewhere, I would never want what happened to me to happen to anyone else.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

Courteous, professional, and efficient staff allowed the course of treatment to fly by with very few setbacks, along with excellent results. I trusted Dr. Sim and his team implicitly with the care of my orthodontic work, as they were able to answer all my questions and see to my needs as necessary. During and after treatment, I have recommended him to several acquaintances and friends.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

We moved to Kanata recently and needed to find a orthodontist to take over treatment of my daughter's orthodontic braces after 2.5 years. Our previous orthodontist office was excellent. I have a few issues with Dr. Sim and his practice. First, the receptionist/office manager is rude, ignorant and has no sense of customer service whatsoever. My daughter case is a straight forward case of overbite and miss aligned teeth. I expected her continued treatment to be a year or so. We went to 3 office visits (including one for molds/exrays) without a single discussion of her treatment plan, the time period estimated for her treatment or any details of a payment plan. So we were surprised to get a two year general treatment contract in the mail telling us what the plan charges were. At the next office visit, the receptionist proceeded to charge me for a monthly plan payment to a contract I hadn't signed or agreed to. It's just sensible and reasonable to know what service and treatments are going to cost prior to agreeing to pay for a service. As for how good a orthodontist Dr Sim is, I can only hope he does his work better than he runs his business.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I didn't like the thought of having wires and such in my mouth for extended periods of time, and I still don't. Fortunately, Dr. David Sim took the time and effort to make braces not as much of a hassle as it could have been. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr Sim and his staff were very professional and the 2 years just seemed to fly by, thanks for making braces a pleasant experience

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015